General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hello Ayesha and welcome!

I can't help with the hair, but there should be some threads all about Salou specifically in one of the Spain forums - Costa Dorada I think. It's a big resort so there should be options for you.

So far as the heat is concerned, you should be fine. As you'll be starting at the beginning of the season it should be warm but not hot and as the weeks go by you will naturally aclimatise to the changes in temperatures. That seems to be the case with friends I have who work in resorts. I'll go out there in July and be boiling hot and they will be just fine!

Good luck and well done on getting the job.
Hi Ayesha

:welcome

Great news about the job. Im sure you will have a ball. As S&C says if you go to the front page and the forum called Spain - Costa Dorada, I think there is a Holiday Chat thread also you should get lots of info. Cant help with the hair, but hopefully we have some other black lady members who may be able to help.

Doe
aawww bless you guys thanks so much! i have NO IDEA about all the different "costas " in spain.... im so naive to this whole thing.. and slightly worried! however i know the job is gonna be AWESOMMMMEE! :tup

I will check the threads thanks!!!! :wave: Ayesha xxx
Ayesha

Don't worry about the heat you will get used to it. We are often amazed at locals wearing jackets and polo neck jumpers when it is really hot but they obviously don't feel it likes us tourists do. Enjoy yourself, what an opportunity.
I know they're not really hairdressers like a shop but there is always lots of ladies doing the weaves and cornrows in most Spanish resorts! You'll see all the kids going around with their hair all platted and it's these ladies who do it for them!
You'll love Salou, especially if you get to go to Port Aventura, a massive theme park!

Have fun
Hello,

Congrats on your new job :) I've sent you a PM re hair and sun cream advice as you may not be aware that black people can get sunburnt (I'm not joking).

Have a great time

Julie
I'm sure we've had a bit of sun at some point in the uk for her to know that! :) Mind you I can't quite remember when!
Hi Chivas,

I've never ever heard a black girl having no idea about how to take care of her hair in hot weather LoL so thats why I commented about sun cream just in case she wasn't aware etc. I've never been sunburnt in England but got roasted in Portugal ! being dark skinned I didnt feel it at the time but started to peel by the end of the week and even then it didnt hurt. I must say I got the shock of my life :(

I now always use a sun cream and have to say.... have had some puzzled looks from sales assistants! :D

With regard to the hair question, as rule of thumb, black girls get their hair plaited and corned rowed (AKA cane rowed) since childhood and it was amazing for me to read such a query especially as us black women are so vain about our hair :D

The good thing about her post was that it reminded me that I was going to post an up to date topic on removing plaits/ braids/corn rows/cane rows. I've read quite a few posts on here regarding kids getting their hair done which have resulted in some nightmare scenarios i.e hair matting, alopicia etc :cry and the hair braiding 'season' is almost upon us .

Julie
I've never ever heard a black girl having no idea about how to take care of her hair in hot weather LoL

That makes 2 of us then Julie :shock: I've got a few baseball hats going spare here.

Maybe you could find the time to up date this topic as I'm sure many tears will be shed this summer. ;)

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=100665&p=1006981&hilit=shea+butter#p1006981

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
My daughter had a braid once, it was a single braid and it seemed to pull her hair out and fell out! We've never let her have it done since! Mind she was probably pulling on it all day at school! :)
Hi Sanji

I'm just in the process of trying to find some decent video footage of braid/cornrow removal, once I've find it ( hopefully over the weekend) I will certainly start a new topic so that mothers will have an idea of what to expect(pros and cons) if their child gets their hair braided.

In the interim period please remember ' if its too tight or hurts ' get them to stop .

Julie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.