America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
No problems TeeCee. It's better to get the opinions of more than one person to get a balanced view.

What about Alize or Envy the Steakhouse, any thoughts on those? We love Alize, but realised that our last meal there cost £14 (GBP not dollars) a course! :really We had the 5 course tasting menu so it was Nouvelle Cuisine sized portions, but every one was delicious. The chilled kiwi fruit soup was erm, interesting!

luci :wave
Alize is our favourite restaurant in the world! We ate there about 3 trips ago and thought it was fantastic, amazing views, great food and service that just can't be beaten! Very expensive but well worth it for a special occasion or celebration. Last time I bought a bottle of champagne as well and the bill came to over $600 for the meal and champers for the two of us....... :yikes But we still loved it and still talk about it today!
I've not heard of Envy?

For steaks we always go to Gallaghers in NYNY, absolutely LOVE their steaks! :tup :cheers

Cheers

TC
I agree that the service at Alize is second to none. We have eaten there several times and that is our biggest splurge of the trip.

Envy is at the Renaissance Hotel near the Convention Centre. The service there was almost as good as Alize and the food was excellent. The also have a good cocktail menu and the Cantonese, which is made with fresh strawberry purée, was delicious. Again it's not cheap at around $50 for steak with sides extra.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.