Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
New pool?
9 Posts
Hi we were there Dec/Jan and saw that they had concreted the sides of the pool to us it looked as this was just to strengthen them, there's a lot of what looks like drainage holes on the side where there is houses for the run off during the monsoon perhaps?.

I don't think the cows can get down to it now and there was only a small amount of water in the middle the least I've seen for this time of the year. Loads of birds still using it also saw someone fishing in it too!!!

Can't see it being a swimming pool or at least a pool I would use.
Last year, the local Panchyat had an inaugural ceremony there, proclaiming it would become a beauty spot with lotus blossoms and benches along the sides where people could sit and enjoy the ambiance.

It hasn't quite turned out that way - well it is India after all. :rofl
Thanks Nejulie & Max

The holes in the sides were where the scaffold poles were stuck.
I thought they might have filled them in.
It was our local taxi man who suggested swimming but rather them than me.
There used to be the odd turtle in there as well. Would hate for it to bite the wrong worm.
Let's just hope it does not go the way of the Lilly pond as you drive out towards Nerule.

Ta

Steve
Have you heard the story of the local who fell in there when it was a pond and drowned they said there used to be a snake :yikes that used that pond and when the bloke fell in drunk apparently he used to go there to pray he was reported missing and the snake came to the top along with the body and thats how they discovered him, we went and took a look in jan its all dried out now i was quite surpised to see that it had'nt been used has a dumping ground for their waste and rubbish it was quite clean,and there had been flowers and a bracelet left from where he fell in.Dont know how true this is but it was a goan who told us this story who lives by this pond he says he wont walk by it any longer...
Hi Sleeps
Must admit I have never heard of anyone drowning or snake attacks. Wouldn't be surprised by the odd small snake as there was usually plenty of frogs in the old pond.
I know that in the dry times the locals cut across the pond.
We usually stay further down the lane and have only ever seen one small snake 18"
The snake was supposed to come out of a hole in the side wall according to the story he was seen quite a lot in the pond.
i thought that the pond was somewhere for the mossies to breed!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.