Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
You could have a look at Gumbet. The main beach is more shingle than sand but there is a lovely sandy part towards the end, there are also a couple of other very good sandy beaches within a bus or taxi ride away).

If you want AI then take a look at WOW Bodrum Resort, they have a nice sandy beach, or if that is a bit above your budget then Royal Asarlik is a very nice hotel and it is about 5 minutes walk from the sandy part of the beach I mentioned. If you would think about half board then take a look at Parkim Ayaz Hotel, that is right on the beach and in the centre of the resort and has had some very good reviews. There are lots of very good restaurants in Gumebt so you may want the flexibility of eating out too.

Gumbet is lively so you will definitely get your breakdancers there, you can also get on the bus to Bodurm (10 minutes away) for the weekly market. There are plenty of places to go on boat trips and day trips too. It is about 45 minutes from the airport so you there isn't a long transfer after your flight.

If you want to know anything else about the resort then just ask.

Kedi :sun2
You could try lykiaworld olu deniz beach is more pebbly thansand butgreat
Debbie - if you are looking for AI, there are some good ones on Lara Beach and in Belek. I am trying Turkey for the first time this year and have booked 5 - got some big celebrations coming up in the family!

Good ones to note are:

Barut Lara
Limak Lara
Royal Wings
Royal Dragon (Colakli)
Susesi (Belek)

Will depend on your budget though - there are also some good 4* hotels in Turkey. Limak Arcadia is another I have my eye on. Prices have gone up a lot this year due to demand.

I'm sure others who have actually been will give you more info.
ooh all sound so nice, we are on a budget unfortunaitly! What about Oludeniz or do you think it would be a bit quiet there.
I've not looked at that area, but my sister has been there and liked it.
olu deniz would be perfect . it's a medium sized compact and very scenic resort and our favourite in Turkey so far . There are enough shops, bars and restaurants to keep you busy and plenty of boat trips and excursions to go on . If you want some extra nightlife you can go in hisaronu , 10 minutes into the mountains but there are a couple of late dancing bars in Olu deniz.

There are a few decent a/Is there right in the centre .My top choice would go to the belcekiz beach hotel but it's gettting very expensive now , particularly as it's only available via thomson/Portland .

Theres also the sun city and olu deniz resort whom I believe are now under the same management . Olu deniz resort used to have better reviews than sun city but looks like things have changed . I've stayed at the sun city and had a great time .

None of these A/is will have the vast amount of extra facilities that are on offer on the Antayla coast (i.e belek) but what they lack on that part I feel they more than make up for in location and Turkish charm .

There are a couple of Markets a short dolmus hop away . If it's break dancers you are after Icmeler used to be the place for that type of thing but it's more geared towards self catering there . Not a great choice of A/Is but a good selection of apartment and B&B style accomodation. a bigger resort but very family orientated with a huge selection of restaurants and bars , many of whom throw in entertainment .

This topic may be of help too http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=141089&p=1416556#p1416556

Whever you fancy it's always important to read the reviews as what suits one family may not be for another . Even more important to get it right with A/I and don't be tempted with Cheap .
Hi Debbie

A lower budget will put you out of some of the hotels in the Lara Beach area and some in Belek, the prices are just increasing day on day, however, there are still some good quality hotels to look at in the Antalya region which may suit your budget, and your children will be kept happy.......which is what you want.

Try looking at Side, or Colakli, (another poster has suggested, sorry forgot name) there is a chain of Alba hotels to look at.

In Belek, have a look at the Zeynap, which has a kids club, pool and activities all day. There are reductions for 1st and 2nd child places here too, also the Maritime beach resort, free kids places here, plus mini disco, good sized pools and entertainment too. Both these hotels offer 10 and 11 night breaks, so maybe this would keep the costs down for you.

Olu Deniz is wonderful, beautiful beaches, hotel prices rising here also, and I could only suggest the Noa Sun City or Belcekiz Beach, although as Lynwestie says, the prices here are becoming higher and higher, but I am sure others can suggest other AIs' for you.

Gumbet is wonderful, and I have been talking about the WOW on another posting, but again prices, the Royal Asarlik as Kedi suggested is a good choice also,quite good value for money.Also the one everyone is raving about, and we have booked for is the Voyage in Torba, now this is one to go for, a real winner, and everything you could want. 10 and 11 night holidays here also, and so much for everyone. Plus in Gumbet and Torba, you are near enough to go into Bodrum for a look around, which is a must.

Turgutreis is another lovely place, a little livlier (well a lot livlier than Torba) narrow beach, but very clean, and a short walk into the lovely town, and the hustle and bustle of the Saturday market and the harbour to take one of the many boat trips.
La Blanche and Aegean Dreams are 2 good AI hotels in Turgutreis to look at.

I hope you get what you are looking for, Turkey is a wonderful place to holiday. If however, you find it difficult to get an AI hotel, then why not come back on and ask for help with apartments or B&Bs'? Cheap enough to eat out in Turkey, and some wonderful food on offer, or, go for a basic AI with just enough to keep the kids occupied, but all the soft drinks would be included, and you would have enough money left to go out to eat at the local restaurants, that way, money is not on your mind, the kids get to play in the pools, you get some chill time, and you have a base where if money gets a little tight, then you know everything is still on tap................just a thought.

Let us know how you go.
Have you looked at Icmeler?
Its a lovely scenic resort and very friendly.
It is set on a lovely bay with all the things you want on your list!The beach is fine shingle but there are sandy areas at each end of the bay.The sunbeds are only 2.50TL a person per day which includes a parasol.I think they are at least twice this in Olu Deniz.
Its also a very reasonable resort to eat out but there are some lovely middle priced AIs in the resort.
Make sure you dont book Litera AI hotel wherever you decide to go!
thanks for all the replies, after hours/days of searching I think we have nearly chosen! We've decided to go self catering or bb in Hisaronu, work have just told me I have to be back when the schools go back in Sept, and the prices are stupid! but just read that last post will have a look as Icemear. So any ideas of decent accomidation will be good.
Debbie,I stay in small family owned hotels in Icmeler but friends went to the Greenworld apartments last August and loved every minute.
The have 2 children 12 and 15 and they booked to go back this year.
The only negative to me is they are situated at the back of the resort in the old village but there is a dolmus evry 10 minutes or its a nice walk.
The apartments have a restaurant and they ate there almost every night.
There are apartments nearer the resort and there is a lovely apart hotel named the Bonjour which have 2 bedroomed apartments .
They have a lovely restaurant on the ground floor and are in the centre of the resort overlooking the main square which is fairly quiet at night.
Julian Forest apartments nearby are also very good and are no 1 on Trip Advisor,including hotels and apartments.
Have a look at the reviews on here.
There is a website http://www.icmeleronline.com where there are lots of photos,reviews and information just about Icmeler.
PS I have visited Hisaronu but it was a bit noisy for my liking and like a well known British seaside resort!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.