Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi Maz and welcome to HT. I am sure you will find that there are more than enough people here who can help. Have a look at our flight sticky at the top of the page. Also have you got your visa sorted out? If not there's a sticky near the top which should help as well.
Have a look here for hotel reviews.
For some info on Cavelossim have a look at this thread
I stayed at Dona Sylvia probably 5 years back now, really enjoyed it, good food, good access to beach, cavelossim can be quiet as it's pretty small and not that much to do outside of your hotel.. There are ATM's so no worries about money.. Good things are you can hire a bike and just cruse round the local roads (I was thinking push bike when I started this sentance) as the roads tend to be lovely and quiet.
Generally it's basically quiet.... :D - But nice...
Hi there, take a look at the pics below. These were all taken around the Cavelossim/Mobor/Varca/Agonda areas.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lindamcs54/my_photos

You might want to spend a few nights in a beach hut. Fantastic experience. Take a look at http://www.macprofessor.com for huts in Agonda. Hope this helps.
Hi Maz,

I didn't have any problems with Monarch but I know several people have. If you do end up flying with them then give their Customer Services dept a call and pay for extra-legroom seats near the exit (this cost me £60 when I travelled in February). The customer services rep I spoke to was quite helpful when I asked for this. Ideally you want the window seat - if you have an aisle seat you won't be able to relax as people tend to bump into you as they walk up and down to get to the toilets!

Sitting there also gives you the benefit of being one of the first off the plane when you land at Dabolim airport. A quick walk and you'll beat the crowds to the customs area which can get quite crowded.

Hope this helps

Neil
:D :D :D We stayed at the D.S at Easter this year and it was fantastic, we are a familly with 2 teenagers, Cavelossim was spot on, location and food great, staff 100%, weather in April very very hot and humid, but not complaining.
We loved it so much that we are returning on 27th March next year, if you can do book with Eclipse Direct (First Choice) from there website, there aircraft all have 3" extra legroom and great leather seats for longhaul travel , and they dont charge any extra for this.
There price on the website is 800.00 each at the moment at the D,S, all inclusive! go for it its great.
some people say dont go all inc, but at these prices you cant get a flight with accomodation on B+B for very much less, and everything is so cheap you can eat out also and not feel that you are being ripped off.
We ate out many a time and 4 of us had 3 courses with about 5or6 drinks and the total was never over £20. Get it booked and enjoy, if I can help you any more my e-mail is *removed for member's security*
regards David (Derbyshire).

Hi David, Sorry we don't allow email addresses for your own security. The member is of course free to pm or ask on here
Fiona ht mod
hi maz sent you a pm anita :D
Thanks guys for lots of brilliant advice.
David ~ will check out Eclipse Direct in a minute as that sounds just the job. If not ~ I'll be calling Monarch customer services (thanks Neil).
MadAboutGoa ~ what fantastic pictures ~ really can't wait to get there now. Roll on November.
Rob ~ thanks for the advice, (guards?). Checked out your web site via the link and will be going back to look in detail.
Has anyone done any fishing there? Other half wants to take his fishing gear... :D Maz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.