Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Don't bother with traveller cheques as they are expensive to exchange in Bulgaria. I would take some lev out with you and just take clean, unmarked or torn £20 notes with you and exchange them as and when you need them. Use only a bank or CROWN exchanges to change your money. DO NOT use any other or from people who approach you.
As for the Villa's, on which site did you see the reviews? I may be able to find you somemore.

:sun2 Toonman
Hi summersun1,

Welcome to the site!

As Toonman says, travellers cheques are best avoided - there's a long 'sticky' thread about all things related to currency at the top of the board, including the current rates of exchange being offered by Bulgarian banks.

If you have a Nationwide Flex or Cash Card account, that's by far the best way to obtain Leva from ATMs with no fees or charges.

There are some reviews up to last August in our Hotel Reviews section - although the thread is entitled 'Elenite Holiday Village' the villas are specifically mentioned in a number of posts.

Baldur
thank you for that info.....the site i have been on originally was trip advisor. :(
i think its a good idea to take the cash and get it exchanged as needed. presumably ill be able to change it
at the hotel and that will be ok. im just about to go onto the hotel reviews on here.
thanks for your time again
Just remember the hotel exchange rate is less than you'll get at either CROWN, STRINGS or the banks

:sun2 Toonman
Hi :wave:

We stayed in the Villas and they were cleaned every day and spotless so no worries there. :tup

The food is designed to appeal to all the nationalities visiting Elenite so isn't your usual British style all the time and there is a large selection on offer, however the food was very nice, the only complaint was it could have been a bit warmer.

We were initially given a room towards the back of the resort and I asked the rep the next day if there were any with a sea view and we were moved with no hassle to one right on the front with a lovely view.

I loved it there and if you want to see pictures of Elenite including the rooms here are some that I took in Sep 2007 http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/562471140TEADrV;jsessionid=abcmleTAT7MjngYK4I4hs

My review in the reviews section gives (imho) a true reflection (3 down) http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/elenite/elenite-holiday-village/

The onsite water park is very good and there are plenty of beach activities also.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.