Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi
does anybody know if you can smoke on the roof at newcastle airport?

We went on our last holiday before the smoking ban came into force so we were just wondering if ther is any smoking areas?
Thanks
Didn't think there was a roof terrace any longer.

Diane :wave:
dimrie

as far as I know there is still a roof terrace but not 100% sure of that now

If not I will just have to have 1 last tab before we head upstairs to passport control :(
Last 3 times we have been there,have never seen signpost for roof terrace.But I may be wrong.

Diane :que
Don't think there has been roof terrace for a few years now sorry you have to smoke outside before you go into building
The roof terrace disappeared a few years back - I think all airports got rid in the wake of potential terrorist activity - I know Teesside lost their fab apron level viewing area at the same time.

Now I'm afraid you'll have to have your last puff outside before you go thru' to Departures.
hiya, we travel from ncle every year and the outside viewing has been gone for ages. you can only view from the departure lounge.
Shaz, when i get to the airport i check in, get rid of the bags and go grab a coffee from greggs. Then its back outside for a fag or 5 while drinking my cuppa before i head upstairs to the departure lounge. I know that since the smoking ban came into effect, people are still smoking in the departure toilets but i`ve not done this myself.
Personally i think they should have kept the outside viewing deck so we had somewhere to smoke that was not inside.
My husband is a taxi driver and he tells me that the dropping off waiting time has been reduced to 5 minutes.

Diane :que
Diane

we were picking our friends up last week from newcastle and it clearly stated pick up point and drop off 10 mins after that you were charged but dont know if it's changed within the last week :que
Yes,my husband was there yesterday and again this morning.

:que
Newcastle's security is an absolute farce! There were signs up saying that you had to remove your belts before going thru' the detectors, I didn't see any signs for shoes but as you approached people were taking them off so we joined in. On the far side of the detectors was a female and male security person - the man was calling men thru' and woman was calling women thru'.

Sounds simple but the woman security person was trying to sort out some dingbat female who had taken neither her belt or her shoes off, causing a massive hold up and all the while bags going thru' x-ray machines were piling up and falling off the belt - the perfect opportunity for someone to make off with a wallet or a purse from a bag! Several items of ours (along with others) had fallen onto the floor!

Just to make anyone travelling aware that your shoes and belts need to be removed before you go thru' the detectors and give yourself plenty of time becos' it was like disorganised chaos in there and a complete shambles in my opinion and the departure lounge left a whole lot to be desired as well.

They used to have plenty of seating but half of it seemed to have disappeared, it's very badly set out, the duty free shop was mid-refurb - I'm assuming this is so as half the stock was on horrible metal racking and I couldn't find Elizabeth Arden stuff anywhere.

All in all a big THUMBS DOWN to Newcastle airport
The official waiting time at the Airport has been reduced to 5 minutes

http://www.newcastleairport.com/Car_parking/drop_off_pick_up_.htm

Now during times when this area is gridlocked I find it absurd that they'd charge you a £1

Taxi drivers taking payment/unloading have no chance!
On a positve note the baggage claim was good when i came through on Tuesday morning. We landed at 6am and were outside the airport within 45 mins.
Its only out of peak I ever have any problems, which when I use it weekly is a problem, I've been using Durham though lately or Edinburgh

This mass refurb seems to change plans every month, once it seems done they knock something else down
We fly from Newcastle every year, never had a problem(so far!)
Has it changed the departure lounge since last summer?
Is it busier for night time flights(Saturday July 5th when we're there), always been early morning before
Has anyone used Callerton for parking?We pass it on the Metro but it looks as if the cars are just shoved into every nook and cranny!
Has anyone used Callerton for parking?We pass it on the Metro but it looks as if the cars are just shoved into every nook and cranny!
I've booked to park there for September and am also interested in anyones opinions who've used it before.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.