Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
This seems to be the norm during very early flights which creates chaos.We chose Teeside airport last month for our holiday as it seems to be more organised than Newcastle.
Easyjet winter flight now bookable form NCL, and of course others.
No email again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robby :wink:
Its not just early mornings and its not just Thomsons either.

We've flown twice with easyjet from newcastle in revent months, once in the afternoon and once early morning, and both times the check in desks were for all easyjet flights and due to check in times the staff were having to stand up and shout for anyone for particular flights as they were ready to close.

Far easier having check in desks for specific flights rather than all Easyjet, All Thomson, All Thomas Cook etc.
So is it just Newcastle airport then ?
I didn't like it and my colleague said that people were getting quite stressed at the time it was taking and the staff were having to take people out of the queue to avoid them missing thei flight
It's Teesside for us next month and I think that if possible I will fly from there as it allways feels less stressfull.
I am considering Teesside next time, if my bags take 2 hours I could have driven fron Teesside in that time!. CBG
Just back last night from Newcastle airport and never had any problems again(use it every year for summer hols), other than a bit of a queue at the passport check because a few flights came in together. Baggage reclaim was no problem, 10 mins top.
Check-in no problems either, as long as you are nice and early. I will continue to use Newcastle for our hols, saves us £500 for family of 5 , compared to Edinburgh, being from north of the border.
Robo20, I guess you were lucky, hope I am when I go in September. CBG
Just back from Dublin on the old CryingAir

Early arrival alongside what appeared to be an Alitalia plane (I assume on charter or hire)

Trudged along to baggage and a nice 1 hour wait this time before they decided to bother themselves into sending any cases up

Added to that the Amsterdam flight was delayed hence dozens of bored customs officers decided to check a few passengers (bearing in mind they'd been to Dublin where alcohol and cigarettes are more expensive than here!) which caused tailbacks

Check in on the Friday to Newcastle was yet again a joke...I waited nearly 2 hours whilst some 16 year old kid was show the workings of the ServisAir computer system....

Again...if the flights from Durham were more convenient...the stranglehold of Hicksville remains
Teesside for us later this month , If I can I usually will organise flights from there as it's much more laid back and the last time we flew from Newcastle although we didn't wait too long for our luggage etc we got stuck in appalling traffic on the A1 , it took us 2 hours to do a 35 minute journey !
Result from Swissport at Newcastle airport, today, I received my cheque for my taxi waiting time!!! They blamed too many flights at the same time I hope everyone that was on my flight or suffers delays writes its the only way they will realise we won't stand for it. CBG
can i carry my boombox on board?
the curse of luggage reclaim yet again!

Newcastle have 3 belts in the arrivals hall but in their wisdom yesterday they put 3 flights onto 1, this one then broke doen so it was 5 flgiths onto another 1 with the 3rd one serving 1 flight only (which landed about 45 minutes after we did). we landed in newcastle at 5pm and it was 645 before we got to our car which was in their long stay car park.

its making airports further affield more appealing everytime we fly through newcastle these days
I thought I'd pipe up again with my latest Newcastle experience :lol:

Flew back from Australia with Emirates into Newcastle and my word!

What a difference! Clearly they're trying to impress the folks at Emirates. All the stops were pulled out and its the shortest wait I've ever had, around 30 minutes and I was out through those revolving doors!

However, the joy was not shared by TUIFly or FlyBE customers who appeared to have been waiting the standard issue 'lifetime' for their cases

Perhaps it pays to fly with the more prestigious at 'your local international airport!' :P
Last week waited about an hour for case jet2 from Palma so slight improvement. CBG
GRRRR Newcastle !!!
We landed yesterday at 4.45 p.m and it was after 6.15pm by the time we got outside after waiting for luggage.
Newcastle really need to sort this out, there were 12 flights up on the boards in baggage claim, only 2 carousels were operating with number 1 only having one lot of baggage and number 3 being used for the rest.
It was only by chance that my hubby spotted our bag that we knew it was on there as no-one/nothing told us. We thought they would clear it going by which flights had came in first but obviously not.
Think i might fly from Teeside/ manchester next time. You just don`t need the hassle when all you want to do is get home.
The rumours are rife that XL will not fly out of NCL in 2008 and have been "kicked out" of the airport even.
Can anyone confirm?????

Robby :wink:
XL have had bad publicity. I have tried to book flights for next summer but no availability so robbyw your rumour may be true. CBG
shame my mate has just left them aswell good job for her if they are being kicked out she left for the same reason sick of working for a bad airline and no respect at all
Unless anyone has evidence to support this rumour, could we please drop any further reference to the "kicked out" speculation which Robby has posted in a couple of topics in this forum. Rumours like this have a habit of spreading to the extent that everyone thinks they are fact.

Many thanks
David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.