Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We are booked for the Travel Inn South as the parking is free ,at the other one you are charged for parking.
I believe that we can get the Metro to the Airport,is that easy????
Can anyone remember who the parking company are who have the airport at the side/ rear of the Travel Inn.

I thought it was FlyPark but its not coming up on their when you ask for a quote. Have the info at home, but not here in office.

Thanks in advance!
Northern - if you contact Travel Inn they should be able to help or there's a link to a page in a previous post of mine further up the thread which had various airport parking places. I'm assuming it's not Bellair as that's up near Millers/Premier Lodge.

Dotchas - I THINK there's a metro station up that way - I will double check over weekend and confirm back here. If there is and I'm sure I've seen station as we've driven past - the metro goes straight to the airport and there's an undercover walkway from station into terminal so even if it's chucking down you'lll be nice and dry.

Alternatively due to the very short distance involved a taxi would be relatively cheap I would have thought - certainly no more than a fiver.
Thanks tisonlymoi,
It sounds fine getting the Metro,I just hope it runs early morning,if not a taxi will be fine.I think our flight is either 8 or 9am (Early start!)
It will still be less than the Britannia which is £119 this year.I still have the receipt for 2 years ago for £69...now thats inflation!!!
Cheers
Dot
Dot - that's a fair hike in price and if I'm honest it doesn't look much to write home about from the outside (very tired looking) not sure what it's like inside.

The link below will hopefully be of help:

http://www.tyneandwearmetro.co.uk/timetables/2006-03-13/Callerton_Parkway_2003.pdf.pdf

Depending on what day you fly the earliest Metro is 5.45am - it's about a 5 minute ride to the airport. I guess it depends on how early you want to be at the airport as to whether the Metro will work for you.

If you need any more info just holler :D

Tis
Hi Tis,
Thanks for the timetable,thats great.It should be early enough,might plump for a taxi though on the day. I am not at my best at 5am :(

We thought the Brittania was a bit tired but it was OK at £69 but for £119 I'd expect a bit better.Mind you they may have upgraded in the last 2 years.

We are flying from Newcastle next June too so if the Travelinn is OK we will be back :D

Thanks again for all you info,

Dot
Hi folks,

Anyone recently flew out of Newcastle with Thomson? If so, any info on how strict security was would be appreciated. Newcastle airport site says the usual..........no toiletries or liquids etc. but makes no mention of books, headsets for flights and other incidentals you may wish to carry. Just wondering if anybody had any recent experiences and how strict they were with hold baggage weight if you didnt have any hand luggage.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Anita.
Does Thomson pool the weight 25kg between hold and Hand luggage? I have booked next years flight with them and it states that on the info. It may be newfor next year . CBG
For info and discussion specific to Thomson rather than to Newcastle Airport ... please click here.

David :wave
:) Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows what the current situation is with regards to hand bags etc at Newcastle?
I did look on web site but couldnt see anything :?
It's the same as most other airports, kat. For the relevant page on the website, please click here.

David :wave
There was a small advert in last night's Chronicle - basically saying about the bag size restriction and that no liquids were allowed altho' they could be purchased once you had gone thru' to departures and they would be allowed onto the aircraft UNLESS you were flying to USA where NO liquids are allowed to be brought onboard regardless of where purchased.

DH has chucked the paper in the wheelie bin otherwise I'd have copied it out for you.
Some security info HERE regarding Newcastle airport.

Robby :wink:
Jet2.com builds Newcastle network

Budget carrier Jet2.com is to add four Spanish routes from Newcastle next summer, bringing its network up to 13 destinations.

The airline is to fly to Almeria, Valencia, Malaga and Palma from next spring.

Almeria will be served twice a week from May 22; Malaga flights will run four times a week from March 29; Majorca will be served daily in the summer peak from March 30 while Valencia flights will run three times a week from May 7. All seats lead-in at £39.99.

With permission from Travelmole
Ive just heard on the local news that Emirates are starting a Newcastle to Dubai daily service this year.
Your right, Emirates start to fly direct to Dubai from NCL in September. It is the first long-haul scheduled service from NCL - Good News!!!
priced a couple of flights to Dubai for October - £750
ouch!! is that for 1 person?

Considering you could go NCL-LHR-DXB with BA a lot cheaper than that
I'm at the end of my tether with my beloved local airport

20 years of hell and it just gets worse.

Flew last week with BA, due to yet another baggage belt problem (3 out of the last 6 visits) There were massive qeues and the Newcastle Airport staff (ahead of the BA staff) split the qeue into 5 different ones...hence...I went from being near the front...to right at the back!

Onto security where a grand total of 3 officers were handling around 16 flights in an hour...mass chaos ensued as people were rushed to the front so they didn't miss flights. I waited around 40 minutes

Through to departures, which is so-so but currently only has 1 TOILET block for the whole departure area due to refurbishment. Now not normally a problem there were a number of charter flights departing and there was a massive wait for the toilets, even at the set of toilets by the departure gates.

The plane I was travelling on normally comes to an airbridge except somehow...the keys had been lost...Hicksville strikes again, a 30 minute delay whilst they looked for keys before deciding to step board the flight

On return my flight from Heathrow landed along with one from Dublin and one from Lanzarote...

Hicksville with its 4 baggage belts put all the flights on the ONE BAGGAGE BELT (put down to a lack of staff) hence the very full complements of 2 Boeing 737's and one Boeing 757 crowded around one baggage belt. I landed at 18.10....the belt started at 18.45.....a disgraceful wait

I'm well travelled and other airports make you realise how bad Newcastle is. Its appalling, I'm tempted to use Durham Tees Valley.

I have to say previously I've never had problems but the 6 times this year have been horrendous and last week took the biscuit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.