Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Stoupa would be perfect for them.
We stayed in Agia Efimia in Kefalonia last year.
Based around a harbour - it's very pretty. The water is lovely and clear and there are a few little bays around the town. The beach is pebbly, the stones are lovely and smooth and you can buy roll mats to put your towl on if you think you'll be to uncomfortable but I don't know if they want sand? There are lots of places to eat, car & boat hire, supermarkets and a dive school, plus ferries run regularly from the harbour to other places and islands if they fancy a day trip and there are lots of lovely places around the island to see (caves, underground lake etc.)
Yes, Agia Efimia is a good choice , especially if you intend to hire a car out for a few days.
Another possibility is Pythagoria , on Samos. That is only a matter of minutes from the airport.
Would agree with valtosmythos Pythagorion on Samos is fairly flat has some nice bars and restaurents. dont know about the beach there as we hired a car and went to lemonakia beach
Thanks so much for the information much appreciated

Regards Rosie
Dear Roispeardrop,
Skiathos ( koukounaries ) might be a good choice. Flat, good beaches, short transfer ( 30mins ), quiet but with plenty of good taverna's. Easy to get to Skiathos town for even more variety. However we have just come back and it is the most expensive Greek Island we have ever been to, so it will hit your pocket.
I agree with Rhombus about Skiathos, and it's got a great Nuddy beach.
8) 8)
Kefalonia is my favourite Island, we go to Lixouri which a lot of poeple find boring but it suits us, it's very flat Lepeda beach is a go walk away from the town but taxi's are reasonable the only problem with this area it is not in any brouchure we go independantly but Kefalonia is a lovely Island with plenty to see, the scenary is really beautiful and the people the most friendliest to me all Greeks are friendly but Kefalonia peopleare something special.
pojo
I would suggest Kefalos on Kos, twenty mins from the airport, some lovely beaches just outside of the resort but with a resort beach too, loads of really good Tavernas and not full of rowdies. Lovely old village in the hill above the resort. The resort itself is flat.
We are of the same age and have been many times, we count many of the locals agongst our friends.
Highly recommended
Heather
Have a look at Atlantica Imperial Kolymbia Rhodes. a Thompson Gold,would probably suit a couple of this age.
Regards Roger.
I agree with two of the earlier postings,

For Skiathos then Koukounaries would be fine the Hotel Mandraki is opposite a path to the marina end of the famous beach, there are a cluster of good tavernas and hotels at the rear of the salt lake.
If you tire of the village then jump on the bus somewhere else (Every 15 mins) its €1 to travel half the island €1.40 into town (Compared to €20 in a taxi ). I ate well in Koukounaries in local tavernas. €12 - €16 per night last month including wine at the Apostolos taverna if that helps.

Stoupa town beach is fine, but to get to / from Kalogria (Best beach) there is a hill which you have to cross to / from if you are staying in the main resort.

Lakka on Paxos would also be good, it has a very attractive harbour and there is a limited bus service to the other resorts, but if you are there for a week, you probably would not want to go anywhere else.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.