Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I've tried all the sites I know and I even changed the dates around a bit to see if I could get them down, but about £480 was the best I could get.
Searched, searched and better searched and after years of DIY and scheduled flights, had to resort back to package, (as its only for a couple of weeks), think this new airline tax has hit us all a bit harder than we first thought with airlines not soaking up any of the increase, and some using it to sneak a bit more on the price.
Even last minute prices, which look lucrative on the websites turn into silly money when you phone and suddenly hidden surcharges for this and that apppear.
PS, Chilly have you heard from Mike?
PM'd him for a bit of info, not even sure where on this mortal coil he is.
me too Eddy i thin k you are right, might have to bite the bullet!! :(
Mike is in Vietnam, cambodia last i heard from him!!
chilly
Chilly BA have flights to Mumbai from Heathrow £431 on sale untill the 25th Jan
checked dates for Feb/March
annx
Chilly when i usually come out in March i dont book till 1-2 weeks into feb to get a cheap deal so maybe you'll have to wait just a while longer if you have the nerve...
If you have the nerve ..............Sleeps, you are a brave lady! xx

But I think that you are absolutely right - you could barter a couple of years or so back - can't now :(

xx Fizz
The truth is, unless you are willing to put up with either the Monarch cattle pen or outrageous flight timings and long stop overs in the back of beyond the days of cheap flights to Goa seem to be well over.

Particularly for those of us who live in the North of England it is very hard.

Due to our travelling dates in February we had to pay an eye watering £744 each with Qatar.

There were other options but none of them worked for us and I can tell you as I hit the confirm button I had tears in my eyes.

Goa of course cannot be blamed for the increase in air passenger duty but it certainly cannot help.

Us Brits who like our holidays are certainly having to pay now.

Bonuses anyone?

Papa
Hi Chilly

Just keep checking every day as the £ seems to be getting a bit stronger a the moment which makes a small difference to what you pay the Indian airlines and fuel surcharge but as already said it now costs silly money :yikes in taxes to leave the UK and airport charges

Think the scheduled airlines are doing pretty well to be able to fly you about 5000 miles and back for £500 when you see how little of the money they get
what you say is right meagain, looking at the actual flight cost its great...its the taxes that escalate it... :(

sleep i dont know that they are going to come down because looking at prices for say the next week nothing has changed and they are still as expensive, also its dodgy when they have booked time off work...what to do!!!
still on a brighter note 72 rps to the £ now :)
chilly
still on a brighter note 72 rps to the £ now

Chilly - that's good news! It was bouncing around 62 last year so that's another Honeybee or two. We went to visit my daughter in Australia in November and belive me, 40prs to the £ would be cheap after that. That is one expensive place!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.