Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
They're out in force once again stopping the music after 10pm!!! Premises on and around Baga Road have been targeted recently. Agua Lounge had their sound system taken away and others including MJ's and Shooters had visits by two jeeps full of the men in khaki......funnily enough Shooters were half way through their quiz so weren't even playing music! It looks like the ban is definitely here to stay.
GFF xx
That`s a shame, the Agua lounge is a favourite of mine, they never had the music banging out and had some very good young Indian Dj`s play there. I bet them raiding Shooters in the middle of the quiz was a sight to behold, next question "how much backsheesh do these men in Khaki want" :)
Is the noise a big problem?

Surley 10pm is far too early to shut down bars/clubs even by Indian standards?

Is this just another ploy by the Goan authorities to get rid of tourists?
In November I was never in any bars were the music stopped at 10pm. Some by midnight and some much later than that (yes Irishcolleen and Polly50 led me astray .... keeping me out late :shock: :wink: )
Spinner the noise was only ever a real ropblem when the rave parties were in full swing from 11pm till 8am but these stopped a few years ago just seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut with the music in the bars now :?
Phew....not really into music after about midnight!

I was in Egypt last Easter and most folk were in bed no later than 1pm as the disco had finished. Had a great nights sleep everynight. Maybe it was something to do with the volume of alcohol consumed as well :lol:
Time and a place i say. Not hard to enforce either! Maybe even money to be made i.e. 10-2 license fee with sound regulations.

Something tried and tested in the rest of the world since the beginning of last century.

The Banana fest will be on in Feb. That goes mental all night. Lovely if you are Estrela Do mar :?
the music finishing at 10pm doesnt really affect the wife and myself as we are normally in bed by 11pm but saying that im normally up between 5-6am. theres nothing nicer than reading a book on the balcony at that time of the morning! i feel sorry for people who have saved up all year for their one holiday and like a drink and a bit of fun only to be thwarted by the silly rules, surely music up till midnight shouldnt be such a problem. the thought police are out again

karl
Is this still being inforced? Is everything shutting down at 10.30pm?
I am off to Candolim 19th Jan arriving 20th and I am wondering what this year will bring? Whilst in Goa last year the 10.30 music law was inforced every night, although the hotels one road back from the main road did keep their bars open with background music
hi i was at bharat bar in baga for the last 2 weeks and they had the music playin until 1a,m ish but on thurs i think it was 2 vans of coppers pulled up and served the owner with papers to turn the music off at 10 pm...a bit ott i thought- must of been 10 of em.hehe
I was in Goa last week and the shacks on Baga beach were playing VERY loud music, and we left around midnight.
I have just returned from Calangute and my friend who owns a bar/restaurant in main road has informed me that a meeting took place at the end of Jan. to have the times changed from 10 to 12pm dont know the outcome just letting you all know whats happening ,if I hear anymore I will post. :que
We were in Skylark shack in Jan til 3.30 am music still going, in fact there was pole dancing in the next shack down,so my OH told me :think
have just returned from Calangute and my friend who owns a bar/restaurant in main road has informed me that a meeting took place at the end of Jan. to have the times changed from 10 to 12pm dont know the outcome just letting you all know whats happening ,if I hear anymore I will post. :que

Something to do with Goa music laws falling under the same guidelines as Madhya Pradesh, the Goans are after changing the laws to suit it`s tourist industry rather than those of another state whos tourist industry is totally different than Goa. Common sense if it ever works out, I wont hold my breath though :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.