Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Pat, So you're not a stick in the mud after all.
Glad you liked Paphos, we were there several years ago. Stayed at the Land of the Kings apartments. Good choice. How long are you going for?

We have been back from Olu Deniz three weeks. Enjoyed the hotel - Sun City - the staff were great, but Olu Deniz itself was just OK. preferred Bitez.

We are going on another Fred Olsen cruise three weeks from now. Using the compensation they gave us for getting the Noro Virus. Otherwise we wouldn't have chosen Fred. again.

Chris is going to miss you.

Luv, Marn.
Crete is nice, which part are you staying in?
Crete is definitely lovely, after Oluy and Turkey its my 2nd favourite place. We went september and had very hot weather, but its a lovely place :) Im jealous!
I had my best holiday ever in Elounda,Crete 4 years ago. :sun2
:really Sorry to hear you are giving Turkey a miss this year, I'm sure you will have a good time in Crete. All the best :tup :sun2
I'm sure that we will be back to Bitez next year but just fancied a bit of a change. Going to Rethymnon (?) - looks to have 'stuff' for 'Sir' to look at and the sun for me!! :sun2

Marn, I hope you enjoy this cruise and come back safe and well. Love to you both.
I AM DEVASTATED!!!

........................as I am going to miss out on my free Efes.

Seriousley, Pat and Sir enjoy yourself wherever you are.

del
:cry I'll miss you too, Del!!! Still - there is always next year. Or we may even meet up somewhere new now that I have started to wander. :tup
oooooooooooo Pat

You and Sir are going to miss Verdat's lovely new restaurant "Blanca" :(
Kadi - where is Blanca then? Will have to go back next year now - or maybe later this year if I can fit another holiday in the budget!!! :think
Pat and Del

The Blanca is the old Divan....run by your very good friend Chris and his brother and what a "super place" it is!!! :tup : They have spent a fortune on it and it shows.... food is yummy and IMHO much nicer than The First Stop (they have a differant chef)

I will tell Chris on our next visit that you have deserted him this year .. :yikes I'm sure he will be itching to show you his new place!!!
Who's got the First Stop now? Anyone we know?
Did not recognise anyone Marn :que

It's not a place we ate at...

but will have a gander on our next visit. :tup
So that makes me feel really guilty about not being there this year!! Hope 'Chris' and Sedat make a go of it. I am trying to remember where the Divan is - is it near the mosque? Are Safak and the rest of the guys with them?
Think I will have to make my first holiday next year back to Bitez - feeling homesick now!!!
It's next door to where you stayed last year Pat ;) last one before the mosque.

Verdat (as we know him) and Sedat (get the names mixed when I have had a few) have their old staff with them I'll take some photos when we go again for you.Your gonna love it there!!! :tup
I thought that was the one but as I get older the brain cell shuts down more often!!!

So glad that all the 'old' guys are still with Verdat and Sedat (still call him Chris when I am not thinking!) am thinking we may be back early next year.

Hope everything is ok with you. Take care.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.