Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi We went to Majora many years ago and stayed in Palma Nova, this was idal for us as we were in thew middle, with the rest of Palma Nova to the left and Magaluf to the right.

there was so much to see and so and its easy acessible to many other places including marineland type place.

the apartment we stayed in was called the Lunamar Apartments, we went self catering and it had a hige pool.

I would deffo look at Palma Nova as a suggestion as i think your 15 year old will love it

Hope thats helped

Tatty x
Thanks foir that tatty, I have sort of ignored palma nova as I thought it might be a bit young and wild, is it just Magaluf that is like that? Also were those apartments pretty central for the beach and nightlife? Thanks.
nooo Palma Nova id very family friendly in my opinion, and i do also feel that Magaluf has got a name for it that simply isnt true. I didnt think i would enjoy it but i loved it.

These apartments are a stone throw from the beach, we could see the sea and beach from our apartment and the nightlife is right on your doorstep although you dont hear the noise, to eb honest you wouldnt think you was central at all.

Some really nice restuarants too around that area.

idf you need any help at all feel free to ask x
:) that sounds very much what we are after, tatty. Can I ask what cooking facilities they had in the apartments?
They had 2 electric rings and a fridge in the room
also, did the fridge have a freezer compartment? (As my son is coeliac I have to take a lot of food with us and need cooking facilities etc)
sorry, missed your reply there about the electric rings, thats great thanks
I am not sure if it had a freezer compartment to be honest as mainly used the fridge to keep the drinks cool of a day.

also to note that the hotel also has a bar and a snack bar which done really good meals too.
The size and cleanliness of the rooms were excellent and the balconies were huge, ideal for watching the sun set over the sea!! Ahh Heaven..

have you thought about any other places at all in Majorca?

I see you have ruled out Cala D'or, we stayed here a few years back and really enjoyed it.
I loved Cala D'Or but found the walking a bit of a problem, I'd prefer somewhere with everything literally on the doorstep. I am going to check reviews on these apartments you are suggesting so thanks again.
Hello there ! We stayed in Playa Garden apartments a couple of years ago ... they were lovely. Hope this helps you with your quest. :cheers
Thanks skyegal, which resort are they in?
Hi Shorty

they are in Playa de Muro which is a quieter place but just a short bus journey from Alcudia. Was great for our family and the friends we were with :)
Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I have been looking at flights, both for Majorca and Turkey and its looking like we wont manage it this year :( :( as we are stuck to going in the school holidays. I need to save up properly and then book two weeks for next year......still not 100% sure between Majorca and Turkey though, I really fancy the Manuela in Bitez (Turkey) but I do love Majorca!! I am sooo indecisive :D

Thanks anyway for the help here, its been really useful.
Well if you save up for next year then that will give you something to look forward to.

Been to both Majorca and Turkey and enjoyed both - so whichever you choose I am sure you will have a great time. :smile:
stayed in palma nova last year at the playsa caboners think it called that cant spell it :think
great hotel for all ages i would say very friendly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.