Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Nouvelair
35 Posts
I'm quite looking forward to flying with them on Sunday week. I haven't booked a meal as I rarely bother, but having looked on their website, where you can actually see the menu for your flight, I'm beginning to wish I had. :lol:
I'll prepare you a tasty pack-up Aslemma. :kiss Bon voyage. Jenny
I knew I could always rely on you Jenny :lol:
Flight out from Stansted to Monastir on 1st October was on time and no problems, though the queues at Stansted were fairly long. Not a lot of leg room but OK for under 3 hours. On checking in I was asked where I wanted to sit and opted for the rear of the plane as it is quicker to get off and get through immigration control. I hadn't booked a meal but got one anyway which wasn't brilliant but eatable.

Coming back on 15th there was over an hour's delay at Monastir as there was a problem with the aircraft and we were given an Air Italia plane, complete with their staff, which had just arrived from Milan. It was rather more comfortable, with more leg room. The food had been transferred from the Nouvelair flight and was some of the best I've ever had on a plane - nice egg, pasta and salad starter, 2 pieces of chicken, potatoes and spinnach in a lovely sauce and a beautiful light chocolatey desert, with soft drinks and tea or coffee replenished as required. It must have been galling for those who had paid extra for their meal as I guess most of us got it for free. :lol: I will certainly have no hesitation in using Nouvelair again as the convenience of flying from my local airport outweighs all other considerations.
Welcome home Aslemma

I'll be travelling on Nouvelair on 22nd Oct from LGW, so I'll put my review of this airline up when I return.
I hope you have a good flight and a super holiday. Where are you flying from and where are you staying?
Hi and thanks :)
I'll be leaving from Gatwick on 22/10/2006 at 22:15, estimated TOA at monastir is 02:05

Booked the Prima Life Karawan Hotel, never stayed there before, but have visited the bar and watched entertainment a few times. I like the location, not too far from the medina, boujafaar, metro, train and louage stations and habib bourgiba.

Plus, at £92 half board for 2 people, 1 week, was hard to resist. Check out http://www.findmeaccom.com as it's usually cheaper than medhotels.
The Karawan is certainly well placed though I haven't stayed there. If you haven't got a transfer remember taxi fares go up after 9 p.m. Don't pay more than 15/20 dinar.
My experience with nouvelair.

Both flights left late, outbound from LGW left 30 mins late, return from MIR left 90 minutes late with no explanation as to the delay.

No inflight entertainment whatsoever.

Soft drinks and meals were standard for everyone and food not too bad.

I prefer thomson, excel or thomas cook but I would fly with them again, not too often tho :lol:
Glad you got back safely though the delays must have been a pain, particularly on the homeward flight. I'm quite happy to stick with them in the future, mainly because they are about the only one which flies from Stansted to Monastir, and for a flight of under 3 hours I can put up with their vagaries in return for a convenient airport.

What is particularly interesting is that they provide a meal whether you've booked it or not, yet I believe the tour operators still try to charge for this.
Flying from Belfast to Monastir in 3 weeks can anyone tell me wot size of aircraft is used and how many seats it has. Thanking you in advance.Haddy.
Haddy3,

Nouvelair have been charted by Panarama Holidays to operated the BFS-MIR service and use a fleet of Airbus A32-200's and A321-200's. They generally send an Airbus A320-212 which have a seating capacity of 177.

Darren
First time using them and last............. staff very rude i know we all have are bad days but put the shoe on the other foot :x
Hello,

I fly Nouvelair from MAN to djerba 2 June this year. Just wondering if there are any recent reviews kicking around? Booked through TCX. Theres not much info on the airline on Wikipedia!

Thanks in Advance!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.