Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I took my son on holiday by myself and it wasn't a problem at all. I soon made friends with other parents and had a really good holiday.

You'll be fine I'm sure. :tup
Just go with the flo.

You will find the kids make friends easily and quickly then you have to go and hunt them down, just a few friendly words to the parents and before you know where you will be part of a larger group. My firt trp as a single parent was in Gran Canaria, found it a bit uncomfortabe on the first day and felt like a spare part that first evening but after that no probs. I met up with aload of Georgdi's and they would collect me from my room of an evening and would not let me return tll they did!! I was kinda glad when they went home two days before I did just so I could unwind and enjoy my own company for a wee bit!

dont be phased, I am sure you will be fine.
I am going to Turkey on wednesday and me and the kids are meeting up with a fellow HT from here, also single parent so it will be easier this time round but until I had arranged it I was more than looking forward to the holiday and the potential new friends yet to be made.

Relax and look forward to it and enjoy it whilst your there.

sha33a
I don't go with kids, but I do travel alone. This is a quite recent achievement for me (I was terrified the first time) as I met my boyfriend on holiday last year, so it was either learn to travel alone or stay single!!

I rarely make it to the plane without someone talking to me, and its usually single parents with children. When I'm at the resort he lives in I'm often on my own as he still has to work, and again, people are really, really friendly.

You'll be fine and will have great time. Where abouts are you going??
Louise
hi, im sure you will be fine. like others have said kids will make friends as will you more than likely. i have took my two on holiday a few times now on my home,[hubby ] stayed at home dog sitting lol.
both my kids have problems [behaviour and autisim]which can make it a challenge but we have been fine and had a great time as im sure you will too.
Thanks for all the replies and support, i am going to Club Mac in Alcudia am starting to feel a little less apprehensive now, again thanks guys

Sadie
Hi Sadie, don't be worried, I went on holiday as a single parent a few times and found that people were very friendly and went out of their way to be sociable. It is big step but once you have done it the first time you will be surprised at how many single parents there are. I have met some good friends that I am still in touch with 10 years later. Enjoy xx
Hi, I don't think you'll have any problems. I haven't been on holiday very much and ended up going to Alcudia this year with my parents as my son wouldn't go with them if I wasn't going. I spent most of the holiday on my own with my son as my parents weren't into the games and evening entertainment etc. Anyway, my son made some friends and when they sat down with me, the parents sat with us and I had a really good time. I am in the process of trying to book for October to go back to the same place with my son and my partner as my son wants a family holiday with dad, but if he can't get time off work, I won't hesitate to go on my own (something I would never have dreamed of in the past).

Hope you have lots of fun and relaxation :sun2

Sarah
sadiejane

Just got back from Mallorca, and was constantly asked to "come and sit with us love, don't sit by yourself". Ended up spending a lot of evenings with a couple who live in the same village as me who I had never met before!! We also all "looked after" a girl who had gone on holiday with her ex-boyfriend as they had already paid for it, but it was too awkward so she had moved to another hotel - again everyone went out of their way to make sure she was OK and not left on her own.

You'll have a fab time - and the weather is scorching!!
Thanks for the reassurance, am no longer feeling so nervous about going on my own with the kids ...... excitement has overtaken the nerves, also glad to hear the weather is good out that at the moment

regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.