Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
why has my post been moved?
Traveled with first choise many times and never had any problems.
I wouldnt take too much notice of what has been said on here and go with an open mind and make your own mind up.

I have read reviews on these type of review sites only to find hotels they have complained about not as black as they had been painted.
Why not read the posts about the other TOs?

Each person who posts about them have personal horror stories.

Console yourself with the fact that the majority of people have no problems with First Choice or any of the others.

fwh
your post was moved to a more appropriate forum as you are not making a complaint. You will also find plenty of info on this forum to help you :D
Hayley, don't worry! So far we have been to Menorca, Mexico, Bulgaria and have booked Turkey with FC. We haven't had any problems. Just think of how many people travel with them, compared to the number of complaints that you read. No service provider will always deliver 100% eg I bought a new car from a reputable manufacturer and it spent 3 years in and out of the garage, I would never buy that make again, but that is just my experience. So far FC have delivered for us and until the day they don't we will continue to use them.

Have a great holiday.

Pam :D
I always research the hotel/area and then book with whoever is cheaper. I have had lots of holidays with FC/Eclipse and they have been fine :D

They have made us priority customers - gave us sitting together FOC and had presents waiting for us in resort :shock:

Not sure if any other tour operator does this.
I have used First Choice for the last 8 years and not once had a problem. Used Thomson this year and their customer service was awful. I think it depends what you need from them.

Sarah
I have used First Choice/Eclipse for 3 holidays in the last 18 months and we had a great time on all of them, especially at the Club Caleta Dorada this Easter - the reps were great, very friendly and helpful and all worked really hard, in fact we had such a great time this Easter I even took the time to send an email to FC on our return, to pass on our thanks to the hotel reps for their services. I've already booked next summer's holiday with First Choice, no hesitation whatsoever 8)
Hayley,

There will always be complaints, some justified, some not. Especially about the big TO's who have a higher volume of passengers.

It is a sad fact that you rarely hear about how good a company is, how good the rep, flight, accom was etc etc.

Before I moved abroad I had many holidays with FC and never had a problem.

Louise
They are no worse than any of the other British tour companies.
For many years we booked our holidays through First Choice, they are still the first ones we would probably look at, you could say they are our "First choice" 8) Been excellent when we have been with them, no problems at all.
All the tour ops are the same as each other, and have good and bad points. A bad point I find with first choice is they are expensive. The late deals of accommodation on arrival first choice uses is sometimes well below par, don't know if they still do poor accommodationon arrival but they used to.

I am sure if you picked your hotel from the brochure you will be fine. I priced up a hotel turket using portland, eclipse, first choices direct sell are, airtours and cosmos. Eclipse/First choice was the dearest and airtours the cheapest. The eclipse/first choice was a night flight whereas all the other tour ops were cheaper and had day flights and mostly on a saturday and sunday. The difference between eclipse and airtours is a whooping £1026 and if the flight was a day flight the eclipse price would of been £200 to £300 and maybe more on top of the £1026. Priced as 2 adults and 2 children.
We have travelled using First Choice/Eclipse every year since 2000 and have had no problems (yet).

Their long haul flights are brilliant with the extra leg room and wider seats than the other operators.
We have used First Choice many times and never had any problems. We're away with First Choice on 9 October and looking forward to it. Also used other tour ops and been happy with them to. Think the problem is if you have a complaint, no matter which tour op, the after sales Customer Service can be non existant. Frustration sets in and it can become a battle.
I have used FC many times in the past and had no complaints what so ever and would not hesitate to use them again (although my wedding next year in Cyprus is with TC :) )
You will be fine with First Choice. We always try to use their company (or Eclipse). Everything about them we cannot fault!

Their planes are one of the best we have used - when we did a Thomsons cruise from which we flew from Bristol - we found their plane terrible - leg room was bad and professionalism not half as good as First Choice.

I would even pay more to travel with First Choice. HTH :wink:
Can't say I'm impressed with FC's short haul flights. Sadly just found our next break has been switched onto a FC flight...luckily its only a two and a half hour flight.
went with FC to Lanzarote last october and had no problems which is why i have booked with them to go dom rep and im going in the morning :D
my parents have gone with them & had no problems, and my boyfriend & his family have been with them several times and have enjoyed their service.
Never had a problem with First Choice in the past. I just hope now that they have merged with TUI :zip that they dont get dragged down the same way as Thomson did when they were taken over by Tui.

Just my opinion of course :shrug
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.