America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
NY night lights
9 Posts
Gill, you can take video cameras up the ESB (no tripods though) if that helps.
Maybe the night views of the Manhattan skyline from the Brooklyn Bridge or the Staten Island Ferry?
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have a fast track ticket for the ESB after a day tour I have booked as it finished at the ESB I also have a night time tour booked which also finishes at the ESB.....so was thinking last night I might just buy another fast track ticket for the ESB for the evening then Ill have a video of the day time and then one of the night time fromthe same angle!!!

Gill x
We took a night tour on one of the NY sightseeing buses. That was well worth it. The tour we went on crossed into Brooklyn so you got to see all the Manhatten skyscrapers lit up from across the river.
We went up to the Top of the Rock 3 weeks ago it was during the day and i took my video camera up there it was a lovely sunny day up there and the views where stunning much much better than the empire state building and alot less crowds.At the top you havent got the wire mess blocking your views it is awesome and the view of central park amazing and to have your picture taken with the empire state in the background is so good.just wondering why you cant take your camera up there,there was a security check but with it being so less busy than the empire state find it funny no cameras..
Hi,

It was on the site of the Top of The Rock where it says NO video Cameras. Think still cameras are ok but it does say NO video cameras. i thought it was strange.

Cut from the site

Can I bring tripods? What about video cameras?

We do not allow tripods, monopods or video cameras on the observation deck. To set up a professional photo shoot or media taping on the Observation Deck, please contact us to discuss location fees and/or other arrangements.

Gill x
I just read that on the FAQ on the top of the rock website,to be honest i didnt see any signs up saying no video cameras allowed when we paided for tickets and when we went through the bag check they didnt say anything there either and my video camera isnt that small either.It was only 3 weeks ago so im not really sure what to say.

If i was you and want to do some night filming still go up the empire state building at night and take your film and if you have time try to go up top of the rock during the day.

Ive done the empire state during the day and night and to be honest the top of the rock is so much better experience all round from the amount of room at the top with so less crowds and the view without the wire mess round you is so much better.

Have a wonderful time NYC best city in world i think....
Hi,

Just got a reply from Top of The Rock...im off to pre order my ticket and will go at about 4pm so I can get a view in day light and then go for something to eat and then get a view when it is dark!!!!

Gillian,

Thank you for your interest in visiting Top of the Rock. We allow personal cameras, but we do not allow filming for professional use without proper permission being granted in advance. As long as you do not use a tripod and the footage is only for personal use you can bring your Video Camera to Top of the Rock. I hope that clears up any previous confusion.

Warm regards,
Great news Gill - it is confusing on the website as I'd read it the same way as you!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.