Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi :D
Not stayed there personally as it's a bit further out than i like but as far as i've heard it's good value for money. It is in the middle of alot of construction but this is Dubai!
Try http://www.tripadvisor.com as there's plenty of reviews on there.
Just returned from the hotel after staying there for 3 days on he way back from Australia
Can highly reccomend the place even though there is a lot of building work going on at the back of the hotel- we were not disturbed by any of the noise -in fact when you were sat around the pool/garden/beach you could not hear a thing
Yes you can eat in any of the restaurants - we found the best one to be the Singaporean restaurant and the buffet breakfast was plentiful and of good quality
staff are friendly and helpful
The rooms are of a decent size with massive king size beds
We enjoyed the place so much we are considering returning back at Christmas
hope someone can help. I am going to this hotel in June for my 4oth birthday and have booked six days with my partner and also taking my parents. Not sure what to expect hotel seems to get some good reviews, but wondering if any one tell me about the hotel, please any info what would be nice thanks :P
hi poohhead
further to my last post above yours we did return to the oasis beach at xmas for 9 days and apat from the weather which was poor for the time of year - about 22 degs we had a great time

there is still building work gong on around the hotel but the 30+ tower cranes that were at the back of the hotel have all but dissapeared and the building exteriors are now more or less complete and they are working on the road finishing
we upgraded to a club room this time which gave us access tothe 10th floor club suite - freeinternet access,free drinks during the day together with little eats,daily newspapers inc english ones and free alcoholic drinks between 6 and 8 at night
good in the restaurants is superb and would reccomend taking the half board voucher offer- you can use the vouchers on a lunchtime up to a cash value of 78 dirhams at the ouside bar restaurant for a snack

breakfast is typcal buffet style with plenty o choice ,fresh fruit egg dishes cooked to order and pork bacon and sausages aroud the corner from the main hot dishes (muslim reigious laws)
For a good meal away from the hotel a visit to the Hard Rock Cafe is a must about 5 minutes away in a taxi gets very busy after 8 oclock but a great place

If you buy any alcohol at he airport o the way in make sure you take a corkscrew with you because all wine bottles in hotel are screwtop and you will struggle to find a corkscrew anywhere - it took me 2 days to trackdown a waiter with one
A city tour with Arabian Adventures is a good trip to take especially the abra water taxi ride and the visit to the souks also the desert safari ride
We also went to the races at xmas but this will be finished in june, a good night out even though there is no gambling allowed

if you want to splash out afternoon tea at the Burj is well worth it about £40 each but they keep replenishing the food all the time book for the sky bar for the best views

Vist the mall of the Emirates and you can watch the locals sking and sledging on the indoor ski slope and the do some serious shopping

Enjoy Dubai it is an interesting plce to visit with all the massive out of this world building projects going on ( i work in the construction business )

Richard
If you haven't already done so, why not add your review for the Oasis Beach HERE

Kath HT Admin
i am going soon and have heard some great things about the hotel too. i will post a review when i return :D
do arabian adventures have a website?
thanks you very much for your help. We have booked for superior sea view rooms, and alreay booked the half board option.
Cant wait to go really looking forward to it.
hi pooh head we will also be at the oasis beach in june(2-10) perhaps we will meet.do you know if there is a problem with mosquitoes ?hope you have a great holid :D ay i'm sure we will
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.