Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
We stayed here last October ~

we also hired a car for 3 days (which was cheaper cos we booked it on a sunday) but it was 60 euros.

We found the island expensive in many ways, but we used our hire car to get to the sand dunes (cos you can drive down its easier) we parked down the road between the two Riu hotels and it was great location for the beach, and ice cream, toilets etc)

We also drove right the way down to the bottom of the island ~ took a detour on the way but its simple enough. But, yes not the cheapest of places to hire a car, we hired it from the main street (there's a petrol garage a little road and then its right on that corner by the garage) they seemed one of the most reasonable :)
just had a letter from thomas cook , saying that we will now be staying at the oasis village as the oasis dunas is closed for a refub

looking on google earth i see they are both next to each other
i hear oasis dunas is closing for renovations the 18th april to 21st may this is due to Thomas cook saying it has to clean its act up or they are pulling out. ive never been is it that bad of a mucky hole :yikes
Hi,
No it isn't that bad of a mucky hole it needs a refurb. I can't think that it has been done in the last ten years and when you think of the volume of people that are in there week in week out, it's bound to get a lot of wear and tear. The newer complexes are giving it a run for their money. For location though it is great.
It is what it is which is a great family friendly resort with nice spacious apartments and plenty to do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.