Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
This is a good complex clean and has a very good pool(pool may be a bit nipy we went last december) . the entertainment programme for the kiddies is superb. we have one at eight and one at three . something for them to do all day and night. staff fantastic with both old and young. christmas carols next to the huge tree sung by staff and holiday makers. drinks and choclates galore. top christmas atmosphere. only downfall but not too bad is that the walls are pretty thin. hope you have a top christmas. we did.cannot think where the water park is , and we go to corralejo twice a year, there is building work at the moment but nowhere near oasis dunas, more towards the sand dunes. let us know about your hols as we go back in jan 2005.
if you need more info send us a pm.
Thanks for the above info. - itsounds like we may have made a good choice in accomodation - I'm sure that I have read that a water park is located directly behind this complex but I may have been mistaken.....

We are hoping to hire a car for 2-3 days to see a bit more of the island, can anyone suggest some places to visit.
Eating out would we need to book to get a meal on christmas day and new years eve...... where are the best places to go to to see in the new year..... I have two children aged 11 and 8.

Can anyone tell me if it will be windy. I assume that if it is that it will only be a warm breeze..... is this correct. Is it likely to be hot during the day.....

Anymore reviews on the Oasis Duna and the surrounding area would be greatly appreciated.......

Thanks
P.S - We are all really looking forward to this holiday and escaping the dark, miserable damp days in GB
You definately have to go to the American Star, also Sotavento beach is worth a visit.
When we went in december last year we had no rain we went for 10 nights. we had 5 top days temp 24-26 the other 5 there was broken cloud 24 max but it beats manchester in december
You could not be in a better position for the water park, it's about 20 yards to the edge of the water park from the dunas, the entrance is about 300 yards away. The water park opened on the 5th of November 2004 but looking at it it's only half open as there looks to be a lot more to come yet.

We stayed next door to the Oasis Dunas at the Oasis Royal, but our daughter, hubby and Grandson stayed there and very much enjoyed it. There seemed to be quite a bit going on for the kids.

Regards
Hi there,
Has anyone been there this year. we are going in march and would like to hear from anyone about the latest news on the accomodation and any tips about the area as we have not visited this island before. we are self catering so any reviews on good eateries would also be a help, especially chinese
thanx
look forward to hearing from you
Lisa and Tina
Hi Lisa :D

check out the HT travel directory for Fuerteventura...

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/directory/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=41
hi thanks for that, i have checked it out, but theres doesn't seem to be any for this year as yet.
:wave Hi, Your find some recent ones on http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk

Hope this helps, it looks good.
thanks very much, found it a help
Lisa and Tina
hi lisa
if you scroll down the forum you will see another oasis dunas you will see my write up on it, any probs email me
teddy
thanks teddy but i cant seem to find a report from you, what section did you put it in and whats the heading?
thankyou Lisa
hi all

due to building work we have been informed that we have to be moved from our originally booked hotel. we have been moved to the oasis dunas

now theres conflicting reports and 1 pretty bad one on trip advsior slating the whole of correljo

anyone got any views ont he above apartments?

thanks
where were you supposed to be located before relocation.
We are just back from fuetv.
we were meant to be staying at dunas club. think they are doing up the pool and the terrace.
the oasis dunas is a different property to the oasis village. The property is mainly brits and is adjacent to the oasis village. I cannot comment on the food etc but the accomodation was not as good as the oasis village.
Mind you everything else was poor at the oasis village so........
You should check about building work, if they put you in the far end of the complex opposite the oasis village you will have a holiday filled with building noise from 6:30am to 18:00hrs.
When we popped over to the property to try and catch a rep, they never came to the oasis village, we met some irish people who were located there and they sorry to say hated the place with building work at the aforementioned above. The Direct rep, Lesley gave the usual rubbish and washed her hands of it - she and they in general forget that WE pay their wages...........
Hope this helps.
hello.

I'm a travel agent and have had lots of clients go to the oasis dunas and love it, many of them have returned several times. I've been to Fuerteventura 15 times, 9 of them to Correljo, although it has changed a lot over the years it is still a good family resort with an excelent choice of restaurants and several bars.
The market is great there is a lady there who makes her own jewellary which is really nice cheap & hasn't gone green yet & ive had mine over a year!
A lot of the bad reports are written by cronic complainers in my experience and not worth worrying about too much.
A great day trip is to get the bus to El Cotillo- the beach if fantasic out there, its where we stay now most of the time.
Hope you have a good time!
Julie,
As a travel agent you know that where your bread is buttered. I find it pathetic that you mention cronic moaners. These cronic monaners are the people who pay your wages and are the people who suffer horrendous experiences from people/companies who have no regard for peoples enjoyment. I trust that you have not been to the Oasis Village or for that matter the Dunas presently where you WILL FIND MANY UNHAPPY CLIENTS !
Yours,

A genuine cronic moaner
oops did mean to start a war of words

i think julia was referring to my comment about someone slating the whole town...

but yes we do pay the reps wages & it is digusting when they pay no attention

not sure what to do now, whether to chance it, cos i dont really know what the other options are. we really need this holiday so defo dont want to cancel. but i chose the dunas club (where we are being moved from) as it was small complex

oh well it will be what we make it! and just make sure we make a note of any complaints & if there n't dealt with properly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.