Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Oasis Dunas
125 Posts
Haddy

You'll find reviews HERE.

Pippy :D
Pippy thanks for the info.Cheers Haddy.
Hi All,

I can strongly recommend Oasis Dunas. I was there with my wife, daughter and grandson (3 months) in Jan 2006. Excellent holiday though weather was very mixed :x . My daughter is going back in October with her boyfriend and my grandson again.

I liked the place so much I bought one of the Oasis Dunas apartments and plan to go back in Jan 2007 for a Winter week break. :lol:

Place is always clean, excellent maid service, good food in the resturant and excellent entertainment nightly for very young people. :ghug

All who go there should have a great holiday.

:glynis

Correlejo has a great selection of resturants, bars, shops and bargins for bargin hunters. Visit the dunes for some spectacular sights (if you know what I mean :oops: ).
We visited there in October 2004 and there was a kite flying festival for the week on the Dunes, some of these kites were bigger than a double decker bus.

Bye for now :wave
Yesterday, 31/05/2006 this complex puts on fire most of them. If you book your hoidays with this complex, please speak with your tour operator, because the hotel is nearly 60% burnt.

thank you
Hi Jaime

Do you have a link to the story please?

Thanks.

Pippy :D
please can you tell me where you found this info please jamiexxi
Hi,
I think there was but I don't know the finer details. I don't think it was too bad. No-one hurt. If I find out more I will post.
There is some information about the fire in THIS report.

David
i phoned my travel agent and she has phones the oasis dunas direct small fire in the kitchen all fine now. nothing to worry about :D
Hi all, can or has anyone any futher info regarding the above? Due to stay at above apartments for 2 wks from 26th July 2006 my better half is starting to worry!
You may be better to speak to your travel agent like Raych141 did.

I am sure they will be able to get you up to date information.

Kath HT Admin
I contacted the hotel yesterday morning by e-mail in connection with this incident, and have just received a reply from the Head Receptionist.

It is confirmed that the fire was confined to the restaurant, which represents a very small area of the hotel - around 0.5% of the overall complex area. (This conflicts with jaimexx1's initial report of damage to 60% of the hotel). Some apartments were vacated because of smoke. No personal injuries or damages were sustained.

David :wave
Can anyone help! Staying for 2 weeks at above but our flight home is 20.45pm on the 14th nite what time do you have to be out of the apartments for?
12pm, but if you ask for a late check out they should let you keep your room until 6pm for a charge, normally about 30 euros. Ask the day you check in, (give it an hour or so til the queue dies down or they will be too busy to answer you) and they will either do it there and then or ask you to come back a couple of days before you leave. By the way, if you rent the TV controls from reception, don't let the kids have them as there is 24 hour adult stuff on one of them. They can block it from reception, but then you won't be able to watch it either :D
i have read a review saying the restaurant and 2 apartments have been burned to the ground.if so why is airtours not offering us a replacement place to stay we leave next wednesday :shock:
Raych
are you going half board?
no im self catering but did not want to turn up to a bad mess of rubble
Has anyone just returned from above apartments?What damaged was done?Have heard several different reports about the amount of damage that was caused.Help!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.