Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi, as far as I know the weather is nice at the moment, late teens or so. If you check out http://www.wunderground.com you might get a detailed 10 day forecase.

As for Vilamoura, there is a great selection of restaurants and bars around the marina. For better value, head for the bars that are behind the marina. One bar we really liked was Pacifico Bar, behind the marina, in a small courtyard.

As for restaurants, there was a couple of nice Portuguese Restaurants beside Pacifico Bar, in the courtyard, one called "Commodore" and another called "Cataplana". There was a nice Italian restaurant there too.

Other recommendations would be "Colombo" and "Dom Miguel". "O'Leme" on the Marina was nice for toasted sandwiches. There are a couple of nice Chinese restaurants too.

Another restaurant that was recommended to us, but we never got there, was "Fernando's Hideaway" in Quateira (only a 10 minute walk along the beachside from Vilamoura).

The nicest meal we had was about a 20 minute taxi ride away in a restaurant called "Van Gogh". It really was a lovely restaurant, up in the hills, overlooking Vilamoura and Albufeira. You would have to book in advance, check out their web-site http://www.eating-out.co.pt/member_details.asp?MemberID=43 (hope that link works :oops: ) It is worth visiting if you are looking for something extra special.

As for bars, there are plenty in Vilamoura, but I can't remember their names, but I'm sure you won't have any problems finding them :shock:

Enjoy :glynis
Thanks for the advice, weather looking promising, roll on Friday!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.