Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
:wave welcome back scouselad. That does not sound too bad, just hope you enjoyed yourselves. Was the weather hot? We go early hours of Wednesday morning so cant wait now, nearly ready and all packed waiting to go. :D
:wave To anyone of here tomorrow hope you all have a great time. I will post a review and some pictures when we get back on the 26th July. :fly :fly :pele :pele :fly :fly
hope you have a good time we are going to turkey on fri cant wait, will have to wait til may for morocco though
Hope you also have a good holiday :fly
its just 'nice' the wether in agadir as the coastal breezes cool you down - bit too hot though if you are going to go travelling places - can reach upto 50 degrees

the average weather was around 37-39 degrees but better wether was on the way when we were leaving

we did have a good time - hope you have a ball!!!!!
I've just got back from this hotel on Monday - I'll post a review soon but the first week we were there it was cloudy every day and it even rained and watch out when it rains as it tends to rain sand and it stains your clothes. I'm still trying to clean some of mine. It wasn't heavy rain or anything and it was actually quite nice when it was cloudy as I appreciated once the sun came out the second week as it was hot, hot, hot!!

Don't even think of getting a sunbed unless you get up at 5.00am every morning and if you want a parasol make sure you're at the pool about 9.00am when he's distributing them as the pool men tend to favour the people who tip them every day. That's just not my thing I'm afraid - I'm all for tipping for good service I've received but I don't believe in tipping someone just so I can get something from them.
Hi, just back from occidental caribbean village yesterday evening and what can i say except what an excellent holiday. I have posted my report in the hotel reviews and will post some photos later :D
Hi folks, we went in April and it was great!

Just here to answer a few qs in this thread.

The hotels are side by side, connected by a (constantly open) gate next to the money-exchange. Just imagine that they're on a huge pitch, with 2 entrances and receptions on each side! but they're in the same complex. Each hotel has 2 pools with associated sunbeds/pvc matresses (get v sticky!) but there are some nice grassy areas. I'd recommend tipping to build a relationship and get really excellent service - not just the pool man (for your bed LOL) but also for food. Brahim in the snack bar was a TOTAL star and as we walked passed, said he'd prepare our table for 2 - half in shade, half in sun and when we got there, log and behold, our drinks were already on the table! And top-ups very frequent (I snoozed by the pool most afternoons LOL).

Our balcony was tiny, just room for 2 chairs - luck of the drawer though as others were larger.

Nights were cold when we went so we were grateful for the electric panel heater! Don't know about air conditioning, sorry, as we didn't use it.

P
I am off to this hotel on october the 4th, flying from Birmingham. Is anyone else going this time?
anyone got view on this hotel?
ive been told it caters for AI and children are up to age 16yr. we are looking on going next oct nov 2007 :lol:
Hi Karen

We have some hotel reviews here

I hope they help

Sarah
i am going there in 3 weeks so will let you know the truth.
hope this helps
Curlylocksm :fly :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.