Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
hey there! i just got back from the occidental carribean village in agadir last night! and i have to say it was an amazing experience! the weather was good, the entertainment was fantstic, the food was better than i expected and our room and balcony was massive! i would definately reccomend this place!
the animation team and waiters etc were soo friendly and we joined in with just about everything, from step aerobics in the morning to salsa dancing and participating in one of the night shows in the amptheatre.
there is loads to do in the complex and also around the complex, the beach is also amazingly clean and tidy. the nightlife in the hotel starts with a meal, then the kids disco, then dancng round the pool, then the 9.30 show, then more dancing round the pool till around 11.30, then heading to the main reception bar for more drinks till 12, then if your in the mood to party its onto the club next door to dance till dawn!
was a fantastic holiday, and we're hoping to go back very soon!

p.s i would also reccomend the burba nite oout aswell- good laugh and freeflowing wine in the mountains!
4 words..you will love it!!!!
i just got bakc last nite from the carribean village...freindly, atmospheric....everything you could want.....you'll have a great time, and make sure you get down to the beach and into the resort. I wouldnt advise goin on the day trip to marrakesh unless your garanteed good weather! apparently it snowed!lol
anyways there you go..have fun!
Just got back from an absolutely fab holiday in morocco! stayed in the occidental caribbean village hotel in agadir and we couldn't have asked for anything more! now you all know i am a big fan of benidorm and places like that..so going to morocco i was a bit wary of....but it was amazing! the hotel was extremely good for a 3 star rating...the people were dead friendly and the entertainment in the hotel outdid any of our expectations...the choreographer was from bulgaria...surely she should have been on the west end?! although they could have done some work on the miming!lol
but anywyas i would definately reccomend going there..you'll have a fabulous time...and ladies if you fancy yourself a toy boy then that is the place to go...my mum got hit on by this 26 year old who worked in our hotel..he even asked her to mary him..although of course she said no! you'll have a blast trust me!
and oh yeh if you fancy going out to eat i reccomend the mcdonalds on the promenade.... extremely cheap and about a thousand times better than ours over here!
Dear Biddy,

Delighted to hear that you had a great holiday, but feel your title is rather wide of the mark! It didn't seem as though you saw or experienced anything of what I dare call the 'real' Morocco.

I went between Christmas and New Year and visited the Imperial Towns of Fes, Meknes, Rabat, Casablanca and Marrakesh.

We ate a lot of local dishes, tajines, pastilla, pulse salads, and tried harira soup (which most Morocans drink for breakfast), enjoyed the fresh fruit and drank mint tea. Even more delicious than McDonalds!

We saw the 'great' Moroccan buildings, learned the history of the country, a bit about Moroccan Islam and visited everyday people going about their centuries' old trades. The sights, light, smells and noise were amazing and I really felt I'd visited another world. I cannot wait for my next visit, that might be sooner than I'd expect inshalla, given that I don't cope with the heat too well. Here's hoping!
yeh i admit we didn't see much of the real morocco..we hoped to go on a trip to marakesh but because we were only there for a week we didn't see much leeway!lol
we had a night trip upinto the atlas mountains to sample some of the traditional culture with the burba tribe at this castle place where we saw traditional belly dancing, drumming etc and sampled the local fish and chicken dishes along with the cuscus and honey etc...
i am going back in october so hopefully we will see more then..we are hoping to visit some of the places such as tiznit as well for we are going for 2 weeks...
when are you going next?
it got relatively hot in february..god knows what its to be like in the summer!lol
I'm trying to swing it for Easter, if hubby can afford it ... after March it'll be far too hot for me! I'd like to see the south - Zagora and the High Atlas mountains. Have a great time when you next go!
Hi Everyone, can anyone tell me about getting luggage up to the rooms in this hotel without there being any lifts, as I have enough problems getting my overstuffed case down one flight of stairs at home.
Serena
Hi Serena,

I am sure that the passing of a Euro note from your hands to that of a member of staff will aid you with the transporting of your case to your room! But be selective in your packing ... you may have more souvenirs to take home than you currently think! Have a good time!

Alsa
Hi serena,

all the times i have been to this hotel one of the staff have always carried our luggage up to the room.
HI you guys who have been there!

We are a party of 13 looking to possibly go to the Occidental Carribbean Village in July/Aug next year age ranges from 2-52 with a few older teenagers. A few Qs if you can help me please.

Understand that there is a private beach for the hotel is that the case - how is it kept private?

What is the beach like, sandy/pebbly is the beach safe for young children - have just come back from TUrkey where we have a beautiful shelving beach - ideal for kids.

Is there a bar on the beach or do you have to return to the hotel for drinks/lunch etc.

Is it fine for the older teenagers to go into the main strip and what time do the bars close? Are there discos? How far from the main strip is the hotel?

How expensive is it in Agadir - although we will be AI we do like to eat out occassionally and the lads will be in the bars at night?

We are planning on booking 4 bedded rooms are these spacious enough for 4 people?

Overall is this a suitable hotel for families ? Any help appreciated

Thanks
Julie
  • Edited by julieh 2005-09-04 18:38:19
Julie, I have already booked the Occidental Carribbean Village to go next july the 12th in fact, there are 11 in our party, so I would be very interested in the answers that you get. We booked with eclipse and have taken the family rooms that sleep up to 5 people and even though we only have two people in one room we was not charged any extra for having the larger rooms, worth taking a look as I found the prices very good. Booked direct on the phone as we got a better discount than on-line. :lol:
Hi PerryDog

WE are also looking with Eclipse and their prices seem very good. We have been quoted £7400 for 9 Adults and 4 kids, works out under £600 per head for two weeks AI in school holidays - a bit of a bargain me thinks. Hope you have a great time.
Julie
Hi Julie we had a price of £5200 that was for 6 adults and 5 children, which we thought was also very good. Have you looked at the photos that are posted on this forum of the hotel.
Yes Perry dog have looked at the pics and they look fab. Saw from an earlier post that you have been in touch with alasacienne - any advise you can pass on would be appreciated.
Julie
I have just come back from here a week ago & I loved every second of it! The entertainment team are brilliant - they really made our holiday. We made friends with them all & they are just daft as a brush!
They do shows every evening which are hilarious - all you can do is laugh at them!
The bar staff are also great. You get to know them & soon don't even need to ask for what drink you want!
The hotel doesn't look much from the outside - in fact when the coach pulled up I thought - "oh my god what have we come to?!?" but then you walk into the reception & its really nice.
We were in an apartment which is what the pictures are of. The only thing it hasn't got is a kitchen obviously because you're all inclusive. They are nice & have huge balcony.
There are 2 twin beds up on a little step - we thought that would be a problem when you had been drinking but we were p***ed almost every night & never had a problem.
I could go on forever - but I wont. If anyone has any questions just drop me a line.
ps i'm checking prices to go again next yr! once in may & once in oct!!!!
Hi Meesh
Welcome to HT! I have asked for your hotel to be added to our hotel reviews site. Do you think you could do a review for us?
what was the :) weather like in december?
No problem I have added a review. Isn't it strange how one perons holiday can be sooo different to another persons?!?!?
The were 5 of us altogether. a 14yr old, 21,22,34 & 44 and 3 of us are booking to go back in November!
I flew back on the 2nd December but the weather was good. Our last day was the hottest of the holiday about 30 degrees celsius.
Hi meesh, thanks for the review. The one before you did,nt look good, hope everything is alright there as we are a party of 31 going there next year on the 12th July 06 and cant wait. I,m sure we will enjoy it though as long as the weather is hot and sunny. What was you,re holiday like on the whole and was the hotel far from the beach, shops and bars as we like to stroll about on an evening when it gets abit cooler. Quite happy to laze about round the pool in the daytime. Our kids ages range from 6 to 16 so is there much to do for them? :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.