Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Emma

Transfer will be arround an hour to an hour and half depending on any other drop offs.
The hotel does not provide sun beds on the beach as it is not part of the complex, there are loads of beds inthe hotel grounds. There are some photos of the hotel and area on my website if you are interested

NICK :smokin
I have posted a new review for this hotel, having been to this hotel previously and had such a good time we expected to have a good holiday but how wrong we were.

Please read my review to find out more. :cry:
Sorry you had abad time Steve. If you still want to return to Ferte can recomend the Fuerteventura Princess (HB) or if its AI you prefer the Hotel Costa Calma Beach is worth a try.

nick :smokin
Hi,

Thanks for the info, we had a look at the Hotel Faro in Jandia, and the Esmeralda both seem ok'ish, we had a look round the Gorriones it's in the process of being refurbished and looks very good, but some reviews here aren't so good.

Next time though we think we're going to try Gran Canaria as we've not been there.

Thanks once again :D
Hi Stephen,

I just got back from Fuerte this morning and was interested to read your report on the Occidental... I stayed at the Fuerteventura Princess, but wandered up the hill the other day to have a look around the Occidental, as my balcony overlooked it, and I was interested in comparing the two.

From a neutral perspective, I agree with what you said... it did look a lovely place with a lot of potential, but it just seemed as if it wasn't as well cared for as the Princess... as you said, it was little things I noticed like the uneven walkways, slightly neglected-looking grounds and peeling and dirty paintwork on some of the blocks. Shame really, because it's in a fantastic location and could be a perfect holiday choice... next time I go to the Princess, I might well pop back into the Occidental to see if it's improved at all.

GK :)
Hi - thanks for your info - have only just logged on to catch up with any info - hoping weather will be good for your trip
MDF
Hi

Found a good deal for the occidental for next year but when going through to the booking page on the website a lttle notice popped up saying "minibar and ice cream no longer part of all inclusive - payable locally"

It may be a small thing but if they dont provide icecream for kids as part of all inclusive then we will have to look elsewhere - the whole point of going all inclusive is that you dont have to keep paying for ice creams for the kids :shock:

We also liked the idea of having the minibar "stocked with beer,soft drinks and water" to quote the brochure also as part of the all inclusive as you usually just get a fridge.

Can anyone who has been recently shed some light on this? are they still including these things or did you have to pay extra for them??
not sure if that would help- you are booking for next year so the change may not be happening till then. It would be safe to assume that if they tell ice- cream and the minibar are no longer included then that will be the case. But I agree with you- it will certainly add to your holiday costs.
yes i did wonder if it was a change they were implementing for next year.... :?

I am just emailing hotel direct to see if they will shed some light on this - if i get an answer i will let you all know!!
hi ;) going here in april 2 2008 15 of us didnt know about no icecream though can anyone shed some light please read mixed reviews sounds like you either love it or hate it :que
Hi

As I said before i tried emailing them last year to throw some light on the icecream situation - they never responded to the emails, I guess you could try ringing them direct if you can find a number (the occidental hotels website will prob have it on) But as i was just looking at various options for this year i was not going to spend time and money ringing them.

Just checked first choices website again which was where i saw it if you go right through to "book this holiday" a little pop up comes up with the info on it which you have to tick to confirm you have read before you go any further...
thanks for the reply i know what you mean we booked over a year ago i found some reviews of people who returned last week and they said there was ice cream :cheers
Maybe its a mistake on first choices part :think??

Hope you have a good time there anyway and let us know what the real situation is with icecream and drinks :cheers
The transfer is about an hour - not sure about your question re the beach chairs etc.
Oops - realised this has been answered a few posts back - bit out of touch here.

I had a letter from 1st Choice re the ice-cream, but have read on TA that it is still available in the restaurant.
MickD - we're also going 2nd April with 2 kids ages 10 and 13. Are their kids in your party?

Reviews are mixed - maybe its down to the staffing during the winter months - considered changing hotels, but price was good, so going with fingers crossed!
When we were thee you could get ice cream from the little cafe bar area right on the sea front by the night club area. the cafe and bar were open in the afternoons and also had imported draught beers including Guiness dont know if things have changed.
chrisdavies:D lots of kids 5 year old boy 10 year old boy 11 year old girl 13 yearold girl 2 x 15 year old boys
all good kids thank god there are 3 families of us not all mine some good reviews coming back now maybe they got it sorted out where are you flying from were gatwick :cheers not long now
  • Edited by mick d 2008-03-06 16:36:09
We'll have to look out for you. We fly from Gatwick on the 8am flight. Boy 10 - girl 13.
Just waiting for those tickets and counting the days .....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.