Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I would recommend Alcudia - it has a lovely beach, and it is in a nice setting, with the mountains as a backdrop. There is an old town of Alcudia, and it is close to Puerto Pollensa and the old town of Pollensa, as well as Albufera National Park.
Alcudia usually starts to 'close down' more in October and so will be quiter than Palma Nova at that time of year.

Kath HT Admin
Definitely Palma Nova, we have just got back from Alcudia and most of the bars and restaurants will be closing. Palma Nova is much nicer anyway.
Would definitely favour Palma Nova - only a few minutes transfer from Airport, flat, nice beaches, not rowdy, but it is as near to an all-year-round resort as there is on Majorca. You may not think this is important, but if you are unlucky enough to have mixed weather, there is Palma City only a few minutes away on the bus, and a friend of mine was in Alcudia earlier this week, and he said there were already places closing down.

Wherever you choose, I hope you have a nice time.

Cheers,

Adam
Thanks for all the responses.Palma Nova it is.We realise the weather will be a lottery,so Goodfellow swung it for us when he mentioned that Palma City is not far away.We will pop into Magaluf and have a San Miguel in your bar.
Cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.