Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
old £20 note
15 Posts
very interesting maverick handy to know ,its that kind of information that makes this site,thanks for that.

bluepeterno1
your mattress is going to be very uncomfortable once you have removed all those £20 bluepeterno1, :rofl
aye bibbs ,just have to watch the (moths)dont get at it .

bluepeterno1
your not allowed to mention the m---s,there still going tho,shhhhhh, :rofl
If it's that interesting, can we know of it too?
Cheers
Certainly not (it's still a secret), although after all Bibbs' holiday practice with the new camera, we await the new photos with interest.
Hi

Try this link HERE

Does this mean my white twenty pound notes aren't any good :lol:

Basil.
hi richard,
only eight days to go,then i'm let loose in turkey with my all singing all dancing new camera,will put some snaps on ht,but if i have any that are not aloud on here,i shall e-mail them to you,lol.
basil,you cant have any of those white ones,bluepeter has them all, :rofl
I've got some of the new ones, they are a bit like euros don't you think?
ha ha i still have white fivers bibbs , i think the wife still has the first 10 bob i ever gave her as house keeping.she was onc :roll: e up in court for breaking into a fiver ,but the judge let her off as it was her first offence and she promised not to do it again ./she has kept her promise.
:roll: :D
bluepeterno1
basil thanks for the link saved me doing it should have known copyrights and all that
sorry mods
Hi,

We're going to Marmaris a week on Friday and the plan was to take
some Turkish Lira and the rest in English money, on checking my notes
they are all the ones that are due to go out of circulation. Do you think I will have any trouble in spending them when I get there? Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi Lizzy

your old £ are fine for the moment Bank of England have'nt even set a date when they will be taken out of circulation.
Thanks for that Lynn, was starting to worry that I might go out there with notes that wouldn't be accepted!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.