Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I went past the place on the bus on Sunday and I must admit I didn't notice whether it was changing or not! Riu are building a thumping great new resort hotel next to Riu Falesia - I took some pictures a few weeks ago and posted them on my webspace.

Weatherwise in May should be OK - it was this year.
What's yr website cubsur (excuse my ignorance!)

Don't think Porto Bay are making massive changes at the hotel, moreso changing the branding,sprucing it up etc.
Cubsur has spent a lot of time keeping members up to date with works in and around Alberfura for which we all thank him :D his site is http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com/photos/

wizard
Cubsur's site is brill and keeps us all updated on the rights and wrongs of Albufeira & much more well worth a visit,shall be there tomorrow to see for myself. Cheers jayjan
i believe the porto bay falesia has just opened.

feedback from anyone who has been there, or locals who can have a nose at it, wouldbe welcomed.

only 7 weeks to go now!!
cubsur or anyone - i believe the Porto Bay Falesia is now opened - does it look fully functional?

any tips on good retaurants in Olhos D'Agua would be so welcomed.

thanks.
We are looking at going to the Porto Bay Falesia in January. I would like to know what the hotel is like now having just re-opened under the Porto Bay banner.

Thomson Accommodation only have the hotel at a very reasonable price.

Pippa
I've added this hotel to our review site. If anyone has stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Many thanks :tup
When we stayed at the Riu Palace next door, this hotel had a public footpath to the beach straight through the swimming pool area and the hotel looked extremely run down for a RIU. Hope the new owners have improved the hotel and this access. - Trish
Perhaps that is why it is very cheap with Thomsons - less than half the price of booking direct or with other accommodation suppliers.

Pippa
Just got back from Porto Bay Falesia.

I'll do a review as the Mod is looking for hotel reviews.

Just done a review which says has been added to the database ok, but I cant see it - is there a time delay Mods?
  • Edited by laguna1 2008-05-18 15:24:09
Thanks for that -just waiting for Easyjet to release their flights and then we will book for January. The view sound amazing - just what we like.

The hotel next door which is I believe the Riu Guarana is due to open in the summer so we should be ok next year. I suspect that is one reason why they sold off the Falesia so as to concentrate on the new one.

Pippa
We have the reviews set to approve only to prevent spam. As Sagres says, your review is now there as I had just approved it :tup
This hotel is getting rather mixed reviews on another review site. I am still a little concerned about how cheap this is with Thomson Hotels - £224 for two people on half board in a 4 star hotel in the Algarve even in January is very cheap - much cheaper than any other hotels on the Thomson site. Perhaps it is the fact there is a whopping great Riu Hotel right next door.

May still go to the Algarve but perhaps not this hotel.

Pippa
It's worth taking that deal for the flights alone and find you own accomodation.
My parents used to do that in Cyprus, get the cheapest package deal possible and book with their fave hotel direct, it worked out cheaper. When you land just let the rep know that you are off somewhere else.

Lummie
You misread - that is the hotel only price with Thomson - not a package with flights included.

Pippa
Oh right, that will be me told then Pippa.

Good luck in your search anyway. :que

Lummie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.