Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
olu 2007
10 Posts
there is so much to list there are loads of restaurants and bars in olu you can get your paragliding trips from the esplanade along with food and drinks also a bit of shopping you are only five mins away from the blue lagoon which is a must
a short dolmus ride takes you up the mountain to the village/town of hisaronu which is full of life and loads of shopping or stay on the dolmus to fethiye the main town it has everything and is a must to vist with a lovely marina markets etc
from olu there is also alot of trips which can be done including the baot trips 8 and 12 island which are a great day out
please use my web site for more information on the area
Hi Andy and Mel

You have made an excellent choice in Olu Deniz. We have been here 3 times, twice last year in July and October.

It is a very safe, family friendly resort, which has the most beautiful scenery I have seen in Turkey. It is quite idyllic.
There is quite a few shops and restaurants and bars in the resort, but it is not loud or brash in any way. If you want more life, then travel 5mins up the mountains to the resort of Hisaronu, where there are lots of shops, bars and restaurants. There are plenty of trips to go on from Olu, and lots of companies selling them, and if you shop around you will get some fantastic prices for your trips. We did the 12 island boat trip last July left at 10.30am arrived back at 7pm, with lunch included for £7 pp!!!

I hope you enjoy your stay :)
Hi, Yes it is the one next to the Blue Star, looks very nice.
You must go to the White Dolphin for a sunset dinner, it's fab.
It's on a cliff over Olu, if you go into the Oyster Residence on the beach front (same owners) they will book you a table & arrange for their little tiny mini bus to collect & return you for free.
We had two fishy starters & a lobster main course last year. Not much to drink, a large bottle of water & a glass of wine & a coffee, it was about £60. But it's well worth it for one special meal.
I did read somewhere that Bill Clinton, Prince Charles & Tina Turner have all eaten there.

I couldn't go to Olu & not eat there :D
Unfortunately the White Dolphin has closed down.

*Edit link for discussion on this HERE Briar
God yes I forgot :oops:

We had a meal there last May 07.

But I did hear it's opening up again as a hotel with a restaurant open to non-residents.

Don't know when it's opening :?: Anyone :?:
Hi All
Thanks for all of your replys they have been most helpful.
especially the lobster meal sounds realy nice.

Andy & Mel
the owners of the white dolphin are supposed to have brought an island off fethiye to build a new restaurant on hope it will be as good as the old one
Hi Andy and Mel

Not far from Olu Deniz is the village of Kaya Khoy (probably spelt that wrong). You can get transport here (dolmus) if you dont have your own transport. There are some lovely restaurants here, including one where you can sit in Turkish eating areas and pick and bbq your own food(a bit different!) :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.