General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I love Turkey.I have been 3 times since March,but I must be the only person who wasnt keen on Olu Deniz.Crete is beautiful and for your age group I think Agios Nikolios(? spelling) in Eastern Crete would be more suitable.It has more nightlife but also has lovely beaches and amazing scenery.
Donna.......definitly Cyprus.

The weather is good in September and it's not as hot & crowded as July & August. I've been going to Cyprus in May and September every year for the last 18 years.......so it can't be bad :lol:

Resort wise you'll find far more info on the Cyrpus discussion forum, it usually boils down to Ayia Napa or Protaras I always go to Ayia Napa but that's just my choice. Having tried Protaras a few times it's a little too family orientated for us and not a third of the bars to choose from either as Napa.

You'd love the island as there's so much to do especially if you hire a car you could see so much in a fortnight. Just beware that the cost of going out is more than Turkey, I've been to Olu Deniz several times and it's beautiful.....highly recommended and very hot as it's surrounded by mountains set in a bay which means little breeze but plenty of mozzies :roll:

Good luck in your choice
Thanks Miss Chief 1, will have a look round and see what we can find!
Donna
Hi,
Have you thought about Zante or Skiathos? We're about the same age as you and enjoyed both. We stayed in Kalamaki, Zante and Skiathos Town. Plenty of bars and restaurants, excursions etc. We're off to Parga this year for our honeymoon in June, can't wait!
I would recommend Olu Deniz as its a bit different.

wicked bean bag bar on the beach where you can sit with a beer or cocktail and watch the sun go down when you come off the beach or before you go for something to eat.

My boyfriend and myself went in September and we loved it. After 2 weeks we were gutted to come home.

Loads of places to eat out there and in the evening there are plenty (but not too many) of bars and if you want nightclubbing a couple of times go up the hill in a taxi (for approx £3) to Hisoronu (but dont stay there, stay in Olu Deniz!)

By daytime you can either be on the beach, at the lagoon or by your pool and see the stunning scenery and enjoy the lovely weather.

I have put resort reviews for Olu Deniz so take a look at mine and everybody else's.

Happy hols!
:D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.