Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Care Bear .... you may find our AIRLINES & AIRPORTS forum a better source of information in this case, as we have dedicated topics there for each of those airlines.

David :wave
Okay David, Thanks. Are you going to move it or shall i re post?
hi there, i would go for thomson if the cost, availability of your hotel through the T/O etc is not an issue and the decision is purely based on flights. i think MYT and thomas cook only offer 30 inches standard seat pitch, thomson now offer a minimum 0f 33'' on standard seats and 37'' in premium, but for these you pay to upgrade. i have booked a long haul with thomson for march 2008. i was dissapointed though, by the fact that in flight meals are still considered a pre-paid extra. i dont think it is too much to ask to be given a bite to eat inclusive of your ticket price when you will be sat there for the best part of 9 hours, and i am sure including a couple of soft drinks would not bankrupt them either, but i thikn paying extra for everything other than sitting down in the seat is pretty much across the board now for all but the scheduled carriers. do check though about these premium seats with airtours, if that is correct and their price includes these without being dearer than the others, this might be your best bet, the only other thing i would say is thomson have all of their longhaul planes converted into the new confuguration now, where as my travel, i think have various sizes of long haul aircraft which i am not sure all carrry premium seating-you would be better asking one of the resident experts such as dazbo about this on
I would go for MYT Prem Gold if that's come in at a similar price as TOM economy. TOM economy have 33" seat pitch and configured 2-4-2, so a little cramped on elbow room. MYT Prem Gold is 35" seat pitch on the A332's configured 2-3-2 (on an aircraft which also has a wider fuselage) so a bit roomier all round, plus all the perks of flying premium. From your post, I take it these are 2008 flights? If so, MYT's 767's may well have left the fleet by then so I'll not bore you with the spec of them!

It's a no brainer for economy travel, TOM or preferably FCA rule at the moment. I hate to say that though because I have a soft spot for the Airbus A330-200 (which TCX and MYT operate) with their British built wings and Rolls-Royce Trent power plants. The A332 is an elegant aircraft compared to the raw 767.

Darren
Hi.
Thanks for your replies. know i can always count on hol truths. it turns out that airtours doesnt include premium, its a prestige hotel that includes seating toghther etc. tut tut. So will prob go for thomson. :)

Cheers
Claire
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.