All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
website is http://www.orientpalace.com.tr we have also booked for april 14 for 1 week, found 2 german reviews saying hotel and pool very clean which in my opinion is excellent news as germans have very high opinions when it comes to cleanliness. they also said there was plenty of food which was good quailty. fruit juice is not available at breakfast time so im taking a bottle of squash and water bottle for my 5 yr old as he doesn't drink t or coffee and i suspect it will be uht milk? they said the beach was sharp(i think) so going to invest in some pool shoes. if you do find any further info i'd appreciate you letting us know especially about the food!
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. No idea about the food in the hotel but turkish food is really nice and I think they will offer some western dishes also. If i find anything else out I will let you know.
Thanks
K
Hi All

Me and my partner are flying out to the Orient Palace Hotel on the 28th April, I know everyone is looking for info about this place but if anyone can get some info then i'd be well happy, i no its a 2 hour transfer and is predominantly russians etc, I have already seen the companys website.

Thanks for any help
Thanks
i am also going on the 14/04 for 1 week but can't seem to find much info on it, so if anyone finds anything out let us know. cheers.
Hi

Just seen a good offer for this hotel on the 14th April too. Just wondering if anyone knows if the pools will be warm and if there is a miniclub.

Thanks

Nicola
Hi,

Can anyone advise which Tour Operator goes tothis Hotel. Thanks.
Hi Lauraob and anyone else flying out there on 14/04. I am flying from Manchester with my 2 children(12 & 10) for 1 week. Is there anyone else going same time with a family? It would be nice to meet up before the flight or when we are on the transfer coach(altho that time in the morning no-one will feel like talking!!) I am looking forward to going as the reviews I have seen are all good and it looks like a lot of luxury for very little money.
Hi Roscalca

Try posting in THIS THREAD to find out if any other families are travelling at the same time as you.

Pippy :D
We paid £315 per person for 7 nights all Inclusive (7.4.06). Goldtrail travel offered a service surpassing some others I have used. The transfers to the airport were on time and efficient. The flights with ONUR AIR (turkish airline) were prompt. There was no film service in flight and the food might not have been to everyone's taste, but was adequate. The soft drinks were free, but alcohol had to be purchased (no diet drinks). I would have no hesitation in booking with Goldtrail again.

Alanya - Not a picturesque area, apart from the castle and immediate surroundings. The whole coastline appears to be a massive building site. There aren't any coves for snorkelling, which I prefer. There did appear to be some picturesque areas inland, waterfalls etc, but we didn't visit. There were travel agents offereing cheaper excursions than the reps, but I don't know if anyone used them. Car hire, jeep safari's, rafting, caves and waterpark were available.

The Orient Palace hotel complex is set on a hillside about 2 miles East of Alanya town. Suitable for families and couples. The beach is within walking distance (15 mins), but there is a courtesy bus service hourly and all inclusive facilities are available on the beach. The beach was shingle and rock and the sea was not very inviting, as it was rough and shelved severely at the waters edge. There were copious sunbeds and the bar and food service was fine.

The complex is fully all inclusive, the service was efficient and you could collect multiple drinks at each visit to the bar. There were diet drinks available, which was a bonus, as I have had difficulty at AI hotels before.

Places to see - we got a dolmus to the centre of Alanya and visited the castle.We found a taxi in the centre, where the dolmus stopped. You might want to shop around for a price (I think we paid over the odds) we paid 15 Lira up and 15 lira down (£12 total), we had been offered 16 lira return, but couldn't find the taxi driver once we had decided to go up. We visited the driver's sister and bought some hand made goods! We saved a little on town prices and they were very friendly.

Good eating places- we only ate at the hotel, which was pretty typical of all inclusive hotel food. The hotel catered for the German palate, but there was always something to suit us. The deserts were sweet.

There were numerous bars and clubs in the town of Alanya. The bar owners were hospitable and the drinks were cheaper than in the hotel nightclub.
Hi Julie

Many thanks for your review. Perhaps you would like to copy and paste it into our Hotel Reviews site HERE so that it is not lost as your post in this forum moves down the page.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.