Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I had a look and it seems to be £1400 per week in August, which doesn't seem particularly cheap to me! Or have I misread it?
but in september which is when we are going it is just 750 per week. it is very cheap for a villa that sleeps 17 i think. just wondered if anyone had been.
hi ..dont know about price..but i would think the villa will be somewhere between Alanya and GazipaÅŸa.
The whole area is lovely. Being very nosey i had a look at the web site and they seem to have everything covered.
The weather in September will be great..and if you want to get away from the pool it looks like transport will be no problem.
there will be no night life near you...for that you will need to go to the harbour area of Alanya where you can dance til dawn should you wish.
any further advice on the area or transport just ask me..pleased to help..and i am not affiliated to anyone or anything..i just live here and am pleased to help.
We went to Olji Villa on the same complex. We found that the website grossly oversells itself and contains very little accuracy. It was an unpleasant experience which left us all feeling extremely conned. We queried the website content with a member of staff/family there who told us to ignore it as it was out of date! There were quite a lot of dangers at the villa which would certainly not pass British standards, and three members of the party developed ear infections from the pool. BEWARE!!!
Why not have a look at villa rentals or holiday rentals etc
Villa Olji, Yeslioz, Alanya
Has anyone stayed at this villa? I am alarmed to read that they are not as the brochure describes and that the brochures are quite out of date? Brochures look fantastic. What has changed? What would not match British Safety Standards? I was thinking of booking can anyone advise?
We stayed ,with some friends at the Marcus Villa last year. It is next to the Alison Villa. We had a great holiday. Turkey is so affordable with the Euro so expensive. Our friends hired a minibus so we went on a few trips including a great day out "White Water Rafting". The pool was the largest at any villa we have rented.
There were an elederly couple in the Alison villa when we stayed. He was on his scooter and let our kids have a go.
My wife gave up cooking after 2 days so off to Nesrins restaurant every day for breakfast. I was pissed off because I didn't realise until the second week we could have it delivered to the villa.
Rob and Kathy who stayed with us have a thing about butterflys and were out most days with their camera. They found a lovely village with no tourists, just locals, so we went up there one night and it turned out there was a local wedding. Can't remember much but had a sore head the next day.
Our eldest and his girlfriend went into Alanya town centre most nights and seemed to have a great time.
The main problem was no fresh milk and I hate LongLife in my tea!!
Have just returned from a two week stay (August 2010) at the Olji Villa. Sadly must agree with Kaeren above. The several villas are a development all on the one site behind a banana plantation and up a hill. On the plus side the Olji villa was spacious to comfortably swallow 14 of us. We expected a good standard as advertised and paid for but upon raising legitimate concerns met with the family including the Gilmartins who were in my opinion arrogant, complacent, grasping and at times simply offensive. There was no welcome pack as advertised, kitchen was not clean and cooker rings 2 of 4 broken. Water supply erratic and on many mornings unable to use showers or flush wc's in upper two floors (barely a trickle of water to ground floor). Pool a good size but not carefully maintained and water became increasingly 'milky' over time and yes, ear infections rife. Got the impression they left it to stagnate for the duration of our visit. No local information supplied (or visitor book!??) with the villa just a menu for their garden 'restaurant' and a tour rep called who presumably pays them commission. If you do go to this area it is worth heading into the mountains to Sapadere to swim and eat at the gorge. Fortunately we had cars and so could escape their clutches readily, without a car you would be somewhat stuck as approx 30 min drive into Alanya although there is a very good and friendly fish restaurant (Yengec Balik Evi) once you trek from the complex back to the main coast road and cross it to the beach although not much else about there. Charged an eye watering £372 for electricity for a two week stay (air conditioning was not running constantly) and oddly they needed reminding that there was in fact no gas supply to the Olji villa to charge for as an electric boiler was in use. No solar heating but then perhaps that investment would limit the scope to bill? Some electrical fittings were broken/hazardous and my sister in law suffered an electric shock from a lamp as she operated the switch.
Speaking to some of the other visitors they too related a less than positive experience and one family were apparently cutting their losses after a few days to go elsewhere. From experience can say that there are significantly better and happier options in Turkey. The fact that we were in a large group and enjoyed that aspect and the sunshine made the holiday but that was in spite of the villa operators and we would look elsewhere in future, suggest you do too unless the complex is under new and conscientious management/ownership.
We read the report above 2 days before we were due to stay at the Olji Villa, and you can imagine how worried we were.
We have just returned home and we had a fantastic time. There were 7 of us including my 2 grandchildren. Karen is right: the villa is not suitable if you want to be in the middle of a town. We wanted a quiet villa, with a large pool and a sandy beach nearby. It was exactly what we wanted.
My only complaint was that there was no SKY TV or broadband and we ended up having to walk 5 minutes to Nesrin's place but it was free there.
We went to Gazipasa most days which is about 10 minutes away and there is a big market every Friday and lots of cheap Turkish restaurants. We found Alanya town centre more "touristy" and much more expensive.
We hired a car and went along the coast and visited lots of historic sites. Don't speed or you will get a ticket. I ended up paying £70. I got breathalysed twice.
We did check the electric meter everyday and ended up paying £85 for the week, which I thought was OK seeing as we did have the AC on for our grandchildren every night.

Gregg
We are looking to book villa allison for 17 people, our friends and family, but some of the above reviews are incredibly worrying, as i have responsiblity of finding and booking the holiday for us i dont want anyone to be annoyed or unhappy with me. Their website was packed with so much info and reply emails came in quick however one phone call i received from them and said we wasnt ready to book - i felt person was stand offish with me - his opportunity to sel the holliday!
Has anyone been recently? If so, are the on site staff friendly? is the pool and villas clean and good working order? Also what are beaches like, alayana beach reviews (on this website) were very poor?
This villa is only good one i have found for 17 people within price range as finances are tight for all.

Causcious carol
:que
Stayed with Inlaws August 2011 at Marcus Villa. Has a great time. Bit of a treck from airport but heck the villa was amazing. We were warned about the cost of electric but kept the doors closed and our bill was only £85.00. Local restaurants very good and a must for fish eaters. Spent most of the time next to the pool. Thank you to Alison who helped us arrange a trip to the white water rafting.
I stayed in the Begonia villa with all my Uni mates. The villa was soo nice, but it was an absolute effort to come home from Alanya after a night out. Its like 15 miles! Next time we are definitely going to stay in Town. We spent most days just in the pool, eating take out. There was wireless, but if more than 2 people used it it was too slow to download movies. Overall though, it was an awesome holiday and the perfect way to celebrate graduation!

Ps: I get all the comments about the website! Its pretty ancient...

Last thing! I don't know why people are complaining about the pool! Ours didn't go milky, but I can understand why it might! 17 people regularly bathing in a pool without showering.... errrr...... There aren't enough chemicals in the world to prevent cloudiness and ear infections...
Just arrived back after 2 weeks. We stayed at the Yesiloz villa. Great location if you want to have a lazy holiday. Beach is OK and some small shops near by, but either need a car or be prepared to use local buses for everything else.
No local nightlife for teenagers locally but about 4 minutes away on local bus.
We had maid service everyday and it was great. got up to a lovely clean kitchen with breakfast ready next to the pool. She was very willing and happy to iron!!!
Had a look around the other villas and they seemed fine. The Germans at the Olji told us all the good places to visit.
There were some wild chickens walking around and was tempted!!!
Our villa was second to none, The wifi was great and free and might sound a bit silly but poor wifi can realy spoil a holiday.
There was a miserable group at one of the villas moaning about everything. Everybody else seemed to be enjoying themselves. One group were on their third holiday.
Would recommend except to people looking for villa in the middle of a noisy built up area.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.