I have metal security shutters on my property but on Saturday night some toerag decided to take advantage of the low season site occupncy and ripped them off one window. They must have noticed some weekness and took advantage. They then used one the pieces of angle iron they broke off to prise open a window. They stole about £200 worth of stuff which they would get about £30 for. Well worth risking your life, (it was an upstairs widow) and freedom for.The value is trivial but it is the thought of unwelcome strangers entering your home which is the most upsetting part. I have claimed on the contents on my travel insurance.
I have asked my agent out in Turkey to source out the iron railing type of door and window security. Are these more secure than the metal shutters? They appear to be more convenient as you do not have to open them during the day to allow light into the villa and are more attractive but are they more secure. Anybody out there have any experience.
I also have buildings insurance. Is shutter damage normally covered in these policies and has anyone any experience of claiming off Turkish Insurance.