Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thank you for the reply.

Yeah just found the reviews of the Hotel and it seems to be ok, some people have differing opinions but overall seems like a nice place.

Do you know anything regarding the excersions like to Cairo? where is best to get them from? want to see the Pyramids etc.

Thanks.
For flights to Cairo try booking through http://www.egyptair.com we got flights for less than £30 return......had a look round The Oriental Resort last week and it looks nice....if you need a Pharmacy when you are there just opposite the hotel is a shopping street called Al Khan at the top right of the street you will find a "real" pharmacy with proper prices there is also a supermaket in La Strada called Baccuss market with prices a quarter of what you will pay in the hotel shops.
Thanks.

Yeah prices seem a lot cheaper on that site. We was told to ask the rep but seems like people are saying they charge something like £160 where if you look around you can get them a lot cheaper, people have mentioned Namma Bay to look as you could get trips for around £100, but still the site you gave me saves around £70 which is great.

Is the area nice around The Oriental Resort?
The Oriental Resort was right next door to our hotel and is right on the beach, where there is a walkway etc. we booked a quad trip with Alba Tours they have a stand on the beach front which was excellant...£15 per single quad and £20 for a double. If you have a look on http://www.flickr.com/photos/goanjock/sets/72157603625618893/ there are some photo's taken of the beach front.
Just looked at the pictures and they look great, the weather looks amazing cant wait to go!

You went to Luxor did'nt you? really want to see the Valley of the Kings, is it easy to get to and cheap/expensive to get to from Shram El Sheikh?

Want to do a few trips like to Cairo(Pyramids/Sphinx/Museum) and would also like to go to Abu Simbel but not really looked into that yet and it looks a fair distance from Shram El Sheikh and could be expensive so that might have to wait till another time , have you been?
Flights to Luxor were also under £30 return with Egyptair and we also pre-booked a taxi driver who was fantastic, he held up a card with our name on it just after arrivals and we had a fantastic day exploring the Valley Of The kings etc. and finished it at the Karnak Temple I can give you his e mail address if you want.
Yeah been looking on Egyptair but not found any for as cheap as that yet, did you have a Tour Guide also? we have been trying to look into possibilly getting one for both out trips to Cairo and Luxor, not found anything as yet.

Yeah would really like the Taxi driver's email address that would be brilliant, thank you.

Valley of the Kings, Queen Hapshepsut's temple and the Valley of the Workers, King Tut's tomb in the Valley of the Kings, Karnak Temple are all what we would like to vist when in Luxor. Is it pretty cheap on entrance fee's for these places?
We didn't use a guide just armed ourselves with a couple of guide books and tips from the travel forums, the taxi driver we used for Luxor was Tayeb and his e mail is tayeb.omran@yahoo.co.uk (I have his mobile number written down somewhere as well) and he was brilliant......entrance fee's for the site's were around £5 for an adult £2.50 for a child....Tut's tomb was quite a bit more but we didn't go in as we had been told there is very little to see and all the treasures etc. are in the museum in Cairo.
Brilliant thanks for that!

Was he fairly cheap? Did he just come and pick you up as and when you were ready to go?

We are in two minds as to get a Tour guide as some people are saying you should get one, others saying dont bother and just explore yourself and in your own time etc.

In Luxor if for example you got droppd off at the Vally of the Kings was everything else like Karnak temple all in walking distance?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get all the info on board so when we go a lot of hassle has been took away and we can enjoy more, if you know what i mean.
He was very cheap although we gave him more than he asked as he was great. He firstly dropped us at the Valley Of The Kings his village was nearby so he then went home for breakfast and we arranged to meet an hour and a half later at the entrance to the valley and he was waiting for us. He then took us everywhere else dropping us outside the site and then waiting for us to return. We really did have a wonderful day and would definitely use Tayeb again and recomend him to others.
If you dont mind me asking how much roughly did you hire the Taxi driver for the day at luxor?

As i'm debating if that would work out cheaper to get a Taxi or a Tour guide as as far as i know some tour guide prices include the entrance fee's to some of the places as well.
Tayeb quoted us £20 for the day and he really was excellant
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.