Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
From what I am reading on other sites it looks like this is currently the Coral Sea Imperial that is closing for refurbishment in April and reopening in November as the Thomson Sensatori. If you google Sensatori Sharm is does bring this hotel up from a search. This does tie in with what we were told last year that after refurbishment Coral Sea Imperial would reopen as a Thomson/First Choice exclusive hotel as Coral Sea Resort and Holiday Village already are.
Hi Kim,

That makes sense! The Coral Sea Imperial is owned by Altantica Hotels (I think) who also own the Crete Sensatori... formerly called Caldera Resort, I believe.

Have you been to the CSI resort? Would you recommend it? The location looks really nice. I'm looking at various other possibilities for 2011, including Hilton Shark's Bay, Tropicana Grand Azure and all the other hotels that seem to be very popular on this forum, eg, Holiday Village, Sonesta Beach, etc.

Any advice would be welcome.
Hi, not stayed at the CSI but have stayed at the Coral Sea Resort and loved it. Its owned by the same company and is next door to it staff are fantastic to the point that service was excellent and not done for tips as when we tried to tip our favourite waiter he refused to take it.

We are going back in March (booking tomorrow in fact) and we are definitely going back to Nabq Bay, just need to decide between the Holiday Village and Coral Sea Resort. Same price but Holiday Village is meant to be better........I hate making decisions.
  • Edited by KimC 2010-01-30 16:11:45
Hi, thanks for that detailed reply.

I think I'll wait until after we've been on our Summer holiday before I book anything for next year. The problem is I've read loads on this forum and many reviews on that other forum, and it's so confusing. The Holiday Village looks great, but I went to the Algarve Holiday Village a few years ago and felt they are much better suited to families with younger children... but the Sharm one could be different I guess. The Nabq area sounds perfect for me, so any of the hotels you mentioned would be ideal.

Anyway, I'll look out for progress on the Sensatori Sharm resort, and hope that the prices come down a bit! (having said that, the Crete Sensatori is costing more, and it's not even proper All Inclusive!)
Hi Rose
I have stayed at the Coral Sea Imperial (formerly known as The Conrad) and have to say i love it.
The beach is one of the best and the hotel really is right on it :sun2
it does need a good refurb but i still love it to bits !
Phyll
Thanks Phyll, that's reassuring to hear.

I'm leaning towards booking the Conrad/Coral Sea Imperial/Sensatori, mainly because of the location and also because it will just have had the refurb so hopefully will feel almost brand spanking new by April 2011. Also, the reviews on TA are generally very good.
Edited my post as it seems I got confused and this hotel isn't in Nabq but further up towards Sharks Bay so can't comment on the area.
Kim, don't worry about it (location of hotel not that important to me)!
Of the hotels you meantion I know of the Hilton Sharks Bay (HSB) because the brother in Law went there we have been to the Hilton Waterfalls of the two HSB is the better of the two

Now to throw you a curve ball we have been to the Aqua Blu resort last November it's an Albatros hotel so some times gets called that but it has a water park within the grounds with 32 water slides + kiddies area + lazy river and really good food too ideal of kids of all ages like my wife and her brother
Hi madcaravanner, thanks for the Aqua Blu suggestion. It looks fantastic, but the location is not that great I believe? ie, not close enough to the beach (but I could be wrong?). Also, there's not much choice in terms of the accommodation.... I'm thinking of staying somewhere where I can splash out on a suite, or perhaps just a large Family room. I won't rule out Aqua Blu altogether though!!
:whoops Just contradicted myself! When I previously said location not that important, what I meant was, the area wasn't too important, eg, Naama Bay or Sharks Bay or Nabq Bay. What IS important for me, is to be able to walk to the beach.
We have stayed at this hotel twice. Once when it was the conrad and then when it was the coral sea imperial. It is quite literally on the beach as you just have to walk out the hotel. Wanted to go back this year but it will be closed.
Beach is lovely.

Garry
Thanks for that. It sounds great, but then so do almost all the hotels in the Sharm area! I'll wait until I've tried the Crete Sensatori to see if the high prices are justified or not :) . Otherwise I'm going to look at something a bit more budget-friendly :cheers .
I have looked at this hotel and on the map on the thompson site it is not the coral sea imperial.We were there in August and it is very close to the airport,This hotel is the other side of Naama Bay.
Mel.
Hmm.... that's interesting, perhaps the Thomson map on the website is wrong? I would say it's definitely the Coral Sea Imperial that is being turned into a Sensatori (numerous posts on other forums would confirm this theory also).
Hi Rose,
Yes bet Thomsons have got there map wrong but will try and find out first.We have been to sharm 4 times now and this hotel is on the lovliest streatch of beach and sea.I can`t tell you enough how much we enjoyed it and would love to go back when it opens.
mel.
Hi :wave:
Am i being thick or what ! because looking at the fotos of this new hotel for Thomson, how can these be for real if the hotel hasnt yet undergone the refurb ! there certainly are no swim up rooms at the Coral Sea Imperial !
I cant wait for it to happen cos i love the position of this hotel :sun2
Phyll
Im also intrested in any updates on this. The mexico Sensatori looks outstanding!!

Cant wait to see what this one will be like, me the other half are going in Aug next year, we have booked a swim up room with sea view.

Was it a wise move move to book before it opened, I read once it opens the price may go up?
I'm booked up to go here in July 2011, really looks fantastic. Sensatori hotels are always worth it and swim uprooms are great, anyone who fancy's going next year I would recommend after May. I was told by a Thomson Rep, that although the hotel opens in Feb, it doesnt fully open till May, not entirely sure what that means, but I'm giving it a berth till then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.