Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Approx £10 return each

Are you saying its £10 for a cab ride into Naama bay & £10 back?

Its unusual to quote a cab ride as each (like per person) as its usually the trip you pay for, not per person.
Hi Kim :wave:

Not sure if this is any use printed it from Virttual Torist forum a couple of months back. They may give you a bit of a guide to if you are being ripped off, taxis are very cheap because deisel is, also they hardly ever use their lights, plus no highway code etc to adhere to.

Prices there shouldn't bear any realtion to what a UK price would be for a similar journey. Its hard to get these but thing are difficult for them over there so if you haggle hard you may.

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/53487/1e93d1/9/

Doe :sun2
  • Edited by David 2012-02-26 23:45:15
    Weblink inserted to replace copyright protected material
Kim

We paid that price there was four of us, so divided the price between us, that was last May we were one of the first guests at sensatori, but deff cheaper by going out of hotel and turn left and use them taxi';s, that is the way they do it in Egypt price per person, it's about a 20 minute ride
My mum (Phyll) is here at the moment, just into the second week of her stay. I sent her a text this morning asking if the hotel is nice and she replied saying "Yes, it's fantastic, 5*" :)
:offtop Hello stranger we don't see you in here very often, how are you?
I'm very well, thank you!

No, I don't 'do' holidays any more (other than very short trips away for gigs/festivals).

When I was planning to buy my parrots back in 2008, I made the decision that I'd not want to leave them with anyone for more than a few days, they have been my number one priority (and an absolute joy!) for nearly four years now :tup
This is what keeps me at home ;)

/ :offtop
:offtop The mod in here will have to give himself a row :D but anyway nice to hear from you Pippy.

Graham

ps are you still a fan of the mighty MUSE or should I say Muser :tup
Hi Pippy :wave:

Nice to see you in here. I can see that your new interest would take up a lot of your time.

Hope your Mum is having a great time at the Sensatori. I know you both loved it there when it was the Conrad.

Doe :sun2
Going next Thursday (03/05/12) booked the sea-view, so hoping we get the adults only sea-view section.

Do they supply beach towels?
Do they supply an iron & ironing board? I guess not....
Do they have hair dryers in the rooms? Are they the glued to the wall type or free? Are they decent ones?
Does their spa do a Turkish bath/Hamman? How much is it?
kimevans

Beach towels provided,
Iron and ironing board in each room,
Hairdryers are not the best, I would take my own if I was you,
As far as I remember did not see a turkish bath, they have an eight seater outdoor jacuzzi, but they could have it by now, as we went this time last year, hope this helps,
Thank you, are the dryers fixed to the wall (I hate that) or free to plug in where you want?

The Oriental Spa is where I'm thinking of going for a Turkish Bath/Hamman.
Hi Doe
I had a superb holiday thank you,loved the Conrad and although the new hotel is bigger and better i did feel incredibly nostalgic for the lovely holidays Pip myself and my grandchildren had enjoyed here.
The amazing for me was that for the first time ever i had no D@V which was incredible.
Also it was lovely to see there were 2 guys whom i knew from 2004 when Pip; and i first went to the Conrad and they both remembered us(brilliant)
Phyll x
kim, the room we had , had the dryer fixed just under the basin in the bathroom.
I did have my hair BD on the day of coming home and was very pleased with how the girl did it. They wanted to charge me LE250 but i got it down to LE200 without much effort :)
Phyll
So glad you had a lovely time Phyll. When I went to Sharm last atumn, i saw the big road sign for the Sensatori and it made me think of all the happy posts on here that were put up when it was the Conrad and lots of people were going there - seems like an age ago though. Good news about the V&D :tup

Kim, Hope I am not to late to wish you a happy holiday. Hope you have a great one. :wave: :fly :wave

xxx
We are looking to go to the sensatori in Egypt in December (Before Xmas) and would usulally like to stay in swim up rooms. It says in the brochure that they are acclimatised in winter is anyone aware if they are warmish in winter? We usually stay at the HV and the swim up are not heated in winter and this ruins the experience. Also whether the swim ups have loungers on the terrace? Do all swim ups have a ladder going into the pool or are there some that have steps/ or a slope? Sorry, so many questions, but I have searched the reviews and haven't found the answers I am looking for :que . Would be greatful for any replies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.