Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
To upgrade to international is around £40.00 per person per week, the stonegrill is approx £12-£15 per person for a steak, and well worth the money, as you cook your own on your own stone grill at your table, just be carefull as the drinks are quite pricey at the stone grill, not included in the price, even though they go downstairs and get them from the all inclusive bars
thanks littlepen

so do you have to pay for drinks in the a la carte restaurants (italian and middle eastern). also have you any idea what block/room number is best in the adult section with a swim up room, we want to be near as possible to the restaurants/bars.

many thanks
Hi, No the drinks in the Italian and Middle Eastern are all part of the all inclusive,block three is the adult section, but we were in block one, which has a brilliant sea view, there are swim ups in all three blocks, block four is the childrens area where the childrens pool is,ask any other questions if you want.
Just a reminder folks

Can all members who are going or have been please remember to add a review to our own HT reviews section http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Also remember that you have your own media gallery that allows you to upload pictures and view others pictures, it is also easy to add a picture from your gallery in to a post in a forum.

All these and more including holiday packing checklists and Luggage Labels are available from the tabs at the top of the HT page :tup
Graham
Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help with regard to The Sensatori Sharm? I am looking for a romantic getaway for my Husband & I (47 & 42) our first holiday on our own without the kids 'EVER'! We were looking at the Sensatori Sharm!
We have stayed at this Hotel When it was The Coral Sea Imperial but stayed at the Holiday Village Red Sea earlier this year & HATED it! We had a terrible holiday even though its owned by the same chain. What I'd like your opinions on is....Is it worth the extra £'s. The reviews seemed to be mixed but as the HVRS has fab reviews i'm now at a loss as to where to go! We are looking to go around the beggining of Oct for a week & its coming up at £1660 for the 2 of us...about £450 more than other 4/5* Hotels! Is that a good deal?

Thanks in advancce
Debs x
I stayed at this hotel when it was the Conrad (Oct 07) and was reading recent reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor yesterday. Yes they do seem to be mixed and one reviewer seemed to suggest it may not be the spot for romantic couples!

If you are looking for a more couples orientated hotel have you considered the Iberotel Palace on an all inclusive basis? Not the cheapest option for all inclusive but smaller than the average hotel in Sharm so therefore more intimate. Stayed there in March on a B&B basis, which suited us as we like to go out and about to eat in different places. Unlike the Sensatori which is miles from anywhere (or at least it was in 2007) its situated opposite the market in Old Sharm and only costs 10p on local bus to Naama Bay. The snorkelling directly off the beach isn't as good as the Sensatori but the hotel boat takes you to a coral beach 5 minutes away which is superb. Would highly recommend the spa - we had massages 4 days out of 7!

Regards, Caro
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!
I will check that out & see what deal I can get! As for 'Romantic' just being without the kids after 16yrs is as romantic as it gets....lol

Dx
Hi Debs, couple of years ago considered booking Iberotel Palace all inclusive so emailed the hotel for the details of the scheme. If I can find it will pm it to you so as not to take the posts off topic!
Regards Caro
I have now done Sensatori Egupt and Iberotel Palace, and got to be onhest I prefer Iberotel Palace
Hi ruby . If u want a romantic getaway that is quiet I wud not hesitate to recommend the Swiss care resort in nuweiba .
Phyll
Hello!

We are close to booking this hotel for myself, my husband and our 3 year old son.

We are looking at a family room which we understand are dotted amongst the various room blocks, however, we understand that some balconies are only 'partially private'. Can anyone advise which block might be suitable to tick the following boxes:

Quieter (e.g not the family block 4)
Enjoying the sun
Not overlooked by the public areas/restaurants
Fully private/enclosed balconies

Any advice appreciated!

Lisa
I'm going to try one of the taster (half day) scuba dives.

Anyone know how much it is to book via the hotel & where you go?

Thomson have an offer on at the moment if you book direct with them

Discover Scuba Diving
First, we'll pick you up from your hotel for an introductory briefing. Then it's time to practice breathing underwater on a fun training dive in confined, shallow seas very similar to a swimming pool. Once you feel at home with everything, it's on to a proper shore dive around a shallow reef,
£45 (usually £55).

Will be holidaying with my sister, she won't dive. But wouldn't mind coming along & sunbathing on the beach/boat. Do Thomsons or the hotel dive centre offer this?
Does anyone know who the hotel dive school is?

Is it "ocean college dive centre"?

Does anyone know how much they charge for a half day (try dive)?
hi

We going in June this year, does anyone know how much it is to rent snorkel etc, or is it cheaper to buy here.

thanks
Think it was approx £3 per day, if it was me I would buy my own, depends on how much snorkelling you are going to do
I guess there is a hotel bus to Naama Bay? Any ideas what times it goes at? I want to book a Turkish bath at the Oriental Spa & Hammam, in the Oriental Rivoli Hotel; Next to McDonalds; Above Starbucks (I think).

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g297555-d1809070-Reviews-Oriental_Spa_Hammam-Sharm_El_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html

We arrive on Thursday evening, so I might book this for Friday morning, best to have your scrub right at the start.
There is not free bus to narma bay, go outside the hotel and turn left, a few taxis's half the price of the hotel ones rto get to narma bay

Unusual not to have a hotel bus?

How much is a cab from the Sensatori?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.