Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We're going 21st March. Went into Thomson shop in town and told her what was being said. She said there has not been any hold up with it and it should be ready end of october beginning of november and that there will be employees going out around then to make sure it is all fuctional come February as they want to keep the Sensatori brand as to be known for being one of the best.
Just 250 sleeps left :rofl not that i'm counting
Garry
Hi

Sounds like all is going to be A OK then, best be lol
ok then im counting now 260 sleeps for me :rofl im there from 31 March.
Have just got the new book and still no extra info on the hotel :que
i mean is it really that hard to say what the rooms have apart from TV, Beds and a whirlpool bath?? even though i am going in March i still feel that Thomson have not sold this place very well...
Hi, was looking for some info regarding the above hotel, i know its a new hotel any info would be grateful, thanking you in advance. Haddy.
Hi

There isnt really much info out there yet, not even the new book has any new info, maybe a few months before it opens they will release more on it for us all.
Hi All,

We have booked 30th June 2011..Swim up :) Hope it lives up to what it says on the tin :wave:

Looking forward to feedback when it starts
Im looking at booking this for feb, the TA said it will be ready as its already a building so more of a refurb going on.
In the brochure it shows a pic of the beach does anyone know if sunbeds are likely to be free on that stretch of beach for people staying at sensatori?
Also we have stayed in holiday village turkey before and the drinks werent great if anyone has stayed at other sensatoris can they say if the drinks are ok? do you normally get decent cocktails? etc
Also in the back of the brouchure it says long trousers for dinner for men, do you think this will be strict or would smart shorts and a shirt normally be ok?
We have booked this hotel for September 2011 so all the teething problems should be ironed out by then.Long trousers are not a problem i can never understand why they are its only Chinos on for Dinner straight back to the room and get the old Shorts on.
You can book this hotel on Thomas cooks website. I thought it was just Thomsons?? We are thinking of booking this hotel but can't seem to get alot of information about it yet.
Hi, I stayed at this hotel last year when it was the coral sea imperial and loved it and wanted to go back this year, if the refurbishment work improves on how it was last year you wont be disappointed. The hotel is directly on the beach which is excellent and the house reef was out of this world. The food was good when I was there but obviously that could change depending on staff but should be better quality being sensatori.
I've added this hotel to our review site. If you have stayed here please be the first to write a review here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Hi everyone,
me and my partner are going here for our honeymoon on 6th july 2011...
and we are sooooo looking forward to it, (we not taking our little 1's)...
it looks amazing in the book and cant wait. it's a little worrying i really hope it'll be finished.
does anyone have any updates? or going to the hot and sunny country the same sort of date...

please feel free to reply xx

CORINA & DEAN :sun2
  • Edited by Kiltman HT Mod 2010-10-02 19:02:43
    Edited to remove uppercase, please don't post in all capitals.
hi ya,
we are going there next year also im soooo excited about it some of the images iv seen have been amazing. i dont think there is any worries about it not being finished x
I can tell you that the "soft opening" starts in Feb, so by July i would expect it to be finished.
The beach this hotel sits on is really nice because the sea is lovely and shallow for quite a way out before you hit the coral.
You will love it :)
Phyll
Thank you for your replys 10months to go lol how sad am i :cheers !!!!!!!!
hi Phyll can i ask what you mean by "soft opening" i have this place booked for Feb and was assured by the travel agent the whole resort will be open and functioning.
She told me they wouldnt ruin the sensatori brand by not having it fully open on time.
Do you know something different?
Im not going to be impressed if ive paid full price (which of course i have) for a luxury place and dont get the full thing available.
The only thing the brochure says wont be running is kids club, which is dissapointing to me but i knew that when i booked.
Anymore info is gratefully recieved.
I know exactly how your feeling we go on 17th feb. Picked this hotel very carefully as i have a small baby and thought it would be good.
My husband is currently in afghanistan and away for xmas so this is our family holiday for when he returns and im going to be gutted if it doesnt open.
All i can find out is what ive read on another forum, ive rang the TA 2x including today and they are staill saying it will be open.
Ive paid extra for a swim up room plus we have a family room with a seperate bit for my 3 children to sleep in and this is a really important thing to me, im doubting if they cancel on us last minute we will find another room like this available feb half term.

Im trying to be optomistic and think the reason nothing is coming up for feb-april on there system is becuase its just full ????? I hope so.
Has a hotel in Sharm ever opened on time?
We went to the Holiday Village 6 months after it opened and there were still builders and gardeners working in the complex.
I should imagine that when it does open there will still be odd jobs that are being finished off.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.