Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi, we've got this hotel booked for october so I'm guessing the hotel should be open by then! I notice that a few of you are looking at alternatives - we went to the First Choice Holliday Village, Red Sea, last October and can recomend it. It has swim up rooms, kids dens and jacuzzi rooms, we couldn't get a family room for this October hence booking the Sensatori but it may be worth while looking at if you do want an alternative.
Good luck!
The Royal Grand Azure and the Tiran Sharm (ex Louis Hotels, not the Hotel Tiran) both have swim up rooms also. I think with the Grand Azure you can only book the pool rooms through Thomas Cook. Both look to be good hotels though the food options are quite limited at the Tiran, with just one a la carte meal included and any additional visits payable. The Royal Azure looks to be more comparable with the Sensatori with 6 restaurants included, however I think TC's supplements for the pool rooms are quite hefty!
Good luck.
Our view is to wait for Thomsons to cancel, take the refund and book elsewhere at short notice or, at a push, take their sensatori in tenariffe. Has anybody been there? Our thoughts on the unrest are that if Mubarak stays till September then the country will be stable enough for the Red Sea resorts to remain unaffected but a work colleague of my wife's came back from Sharm a couple of weeks ago reporting that the airport had been closed for a time whilst they were out there and that mobile phone signals and inetrnet access were down. When my wife confronted the local shop staff with that news they said it wasn't true. So we are dealing with robots in the shops I'm afraid if the staff are refuting first hand accounts. So we've adopted a "wait it out and stay calm" approach. I guess either it will be open on the 10th March or it won't and they will be happy if people cancel on them early as that way they will save money. It is a pretty poor show that they treat their customers this way but they have the power and we don't. Needless to say in future we will be giving our hard earned cash to their competitors. That's the business risk they take. :duh :que
well done cazzholly. I tried the pm thing but this site wouldn't let me do that either. I must have some sort of limited registration. I see I'm classed as a "new member" whereas others are "members". I wonder when I graduate! :think
Hi Vince :wave:

All new members have a limited access to certain facilities such as Private Messages and posting weblinks, after a certain number of helpful post new members are then given full access.

We use this to help stop spamming.

Graham
What's the "certain number"?

Ah just like the 'old family recipe' it is a closely guarded secret :rofl
* I meant to say I stayed there last year, not last week! lol. Either way, it is a stunning hotel and gave us one our best holidays ever. My gf is cabin crew and has flown all around the world, stayed in numerous 5 star hotels and she loved Reef Oasis Blue. We would go back this year but the prices have shot up, no doubt because of its popularity.

If anyone is interested in seeing my pics of the resort, let me know.... not sure if I can link to my photos on here???
Gary you can upload your pictures to our Media Gallery and they will then be visable via the link under your avatar http://www.holidaytruths.tv/
The Standard rooms in the Reef Oasis are lovely however, ours was in block 2 and the room was huge with a lovely view of the sunset. I will upload some photos now to the media gallery

Edit: Just uploaded a load of photos to my media gallery, they should be online soon.
Gary the photos of the oasis blue looks lovely but still wish I was going to the sensatori but never mind. Can you remember if there was a super Market near by as I am wanting to buy nappies whilst out there rather than taking loads out there for my 6 month old.
Hi

There was a pharmacy on site which I believe sold these sorts of things, however just be warned they are likely to cost you more than in the UK.
http://Www.Thomson.Co.Uk/editorial/sensatori-sharm-el-sheikh-update.html

The web address it above but I have had to use spaces as I am not allowed to post links... Hope it helps! Happy holidays
Thanks for the link had a look, all looks ok. :D
I can confirm the hotel is open! We have had feed back everything is Perfect :) the couple that text said that they had two singles which had been pushed together... They have now been changed room and have a double bed. Happy holidays all :-D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.