America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi Ang

We went with First Choice to Sanford in 2007. Excellent experience - went straight through immigration with hardly any queueing and we were out of the airport before we knew it. The seats on the plane were leather and really comfortable with loads of leg room (one thing my husband was worried about as he is 6'4". But he had no problem at all.

Before booking, though, just check Thomas Cook's price - First Choice wanted over £3,000 for 22 May next year for 2 adults, 2 children staying at the Quality Inn International. However we went across the road to Thomas Cook and booked the same holiday, flying out the same day, for £2600 - that includes a car and insurance. Same seat pitch as First Choice.
i booked for sept 22nd 2010 for two weeks staying at international plaza resort and spa, flying with virgin atlantic for about 700 pound each, its me and my girlfriend.

we booked with travel city direct online, go have a look.

i got a thread on here somewhere about it.

thats with no car though, but the hotel offers shuttles to ll the parks.
Thanks for the replies, great to hear that immigration is really quick at Sanford :) I've had a look at Travel City Direct but they're coming in at nearly £800 more than First Choice with the PE seats, which is just too expensive.
Thomas Cook is fairly cheap, but doesn't give me the option of selecting a premium upgrade on-line, so can't work out how much it will be in total.

I stayed at the International Plaza when it was the old Sheraton World resort & thought it was great - the breakfasts are huge!

BigDennis, if you visit Seaworld, head to the car park at the back of the hotel for a shortcut, & it will take you about 5 mins to walk there & if you don't fancy getting the shuttle to Disney, there's also a bus stop outside the Renaissance Orlando resort opposite Seaworls (stayed there too & loved it) where you can get the Lynx number 50 bus which goes to downtown Disney.
Well, went into First Choice today & paid off our Kenya trip & have now booked for next year :)
We fly on 9th October for 2 weeks staying at the Quality Inn Plaza with Premium upgrade & it's costing £1850 for the 2 of us. I'm so excited to be going back to Florida!
just back this week went with first choice flew out on a thomson flight ok returned on a first choice plane very nice.
as we were staying in a villa had to attend a meeting at seaworld on the first day found first choice staff there very good supplied a
lot of info and no hard sell just seemed there to help you.sanford airport ok both ways used alamo for car hire their office about 100 yds from airport only allowed 1 person in rest left outside in the heat but not the end of the world directions to villa spot on
hope this helps
hi,

we went with first choice to florida in 2007, excellent, all 13 persons. car hire, villa, everything ok, even refunded us after a few complaints on standards, but very good at the repsonding.... the flights were excellent loads of leg room...... so in march this year off we went again, with first choice, mainly because of the flights and the room space.... 10 of this time... the stewards/stewardess on the plane both ways were excellent.
(price comparison that first choice pipped virgin on the price - also 2 of our passengers want to fly first choice because of the leg room, or they would have to upgrade on another airline) and were planning going back in 2010, so first choice/thomsons will be our first port of call.

thanks
Thanks for the replies. Has anyone used the Royal Palm Lounge at Sanford on the way home & what did you think of it? Does it have an outside seating area overlooking the runway?
yes we used the lounge you get a wrist band which you get two free drinks of beer/wine.free tea/coffee cookies crisps etc you can order hot snacks from the bar.there is a room showing films and about 8 computers online another room showing football and another full of games consoles, another area to sit around .they keep you informed on the flights yes it was nice to chill out before the flight. as far as i saw it did not have a outside area
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.