America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I think it is going to depend on many factors!

How long are you going for?

Are you planning to visit all the theme parks or just sit around the pool?

Are you staying in a 3/4/5 star hotel? - or self catering?

Shopping?

Do you and your family prefer fine dining and going out drinking or happy with McDonald's extra value meals?

Renting a car?
Hello,

We have allready been, we brought back quite abit of money & i was thinking maybe i think we need to much so was asking other peoples opinions of what they do & thought it might help people who are planning on going. im sure ive seen somebody else ask the question which didnt get answered yet so thought id start a topic....

When we did go however we stayed on international drive, brought our park tickets while there, disney, universal, sea world & visited other museums & attractions. We did quite abit of shopping, managed to fill an empty suitcase & had to buy another large bag over there!! We didnt hire a car.

Were planning on going back early next year & was thinking maybe we dont need to aim so high with the spending money so i was just wondering what everyone else did? :)
In terms of food costs, we (2 x adults) budget the same for Orlando as we would for any other US city or destination.

Breakfast $15
Lunch $10
Evening $50

Obviously, it can be swings and roundabouts especially between breakfast and lunch (if you have a buffet breakfast, you rarely need lunch), but we quite often find that apart from an evening where we have a special meal (i.e. in Vegas) it is quite comfortable keeping within this budget. However, we have enjoyed some excellent exchange rates over the past few years and are not currently booked to go in 2009 (although very much hoping), so it would be interesting to see if we could stick with this budget using the current (improving) exchange rate.
In terms of Orlando, I would say the $50 evening budget is far more than you actually need, but better to be safe than sorry. If you factor in a shared appetiser for $6-$8, 2 x entrees @ $20 and a couple of refill Cokes @ $4, plus tax, $35 is probably a more realistic amount for evenings in Orlando.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.