Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I personally think Gouves is a dump and wouldn't return there even if it was a free holiday, although I know there are many who think it is a lovely place. However one thing I think we would all agree on is that Gouves is a quiet resort.

You would probably do better finding something in Hersonissos a little bit closer to Heraklion if it's Crete you want. It's lively without being too lively.

After Turkish resort prices you will find Greek prices more expensive.
:D Thank you Magster for the reply have decided to take your advice and will check out the places you have suggested as want quiet yeah but not deathly lol and having found several say it's dodo like will pass it ha Cheers for that x
hi, just wondering if anyone is going to be in Malia from 13th June 06. Me and my mate sarah are going out there, for what we hope will be a mad week!!

we are staying at the stone well studios? its with 18-30!!!! crazy! lat me know if youve been there or if your gonna be out then when we are jodie :wink:
Hi Jammydonut,

Only a personal opinion but out of all the resorts in Crete, Gouves would be my last choice, and if it were the only option available I reckon that I might think differently and select another Island.

No doubt you have seen the debate about Gouves elsewhere on these boards, some love it, others do not, I personally loathe it but hey, its "horses for courses"!

I think you will find more than enough burger bars and suprisingly there a few decent Tavernas. The sandy beach is OK but why smokers have to stick fag ends in the sand is beyond me. There are too many derelict hotels and abandoned new builds for my liking I just couldnt get the image of Beruit out of my minds eye!

There are both noisey and quiet bars and enough shops.

Unable to offer any advice on the Ourania Apartments.

Try looking elsewhere in Crete, the KOSMAR brochure offers GVM if you are able to put up with KOSMAR changing flight times from those advertised at the time of booking.

If you do opt for Gouves as a first timer to Greece and you dont like it, dont give up or be put off Greece for ever as there are dozens, no hundreds, of better Greek options.
Hi Jodie, me and mate off on July 13th, flying from leeds bradford. Staying in Odyssey appartments. Should be an ace week!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.