Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Ovacik
8 Posts
hi

not very far depending on which side of ovacik you are at probably around 4-6 miles i guess
im going to be at the grand ucel, im still undecided if we are going to hire a car or not, I know the Dolmus goes there (not sure how long it takes though) but with little baby and the heat im not sure I want to be traveling too much on a Dolmus, plus there will be a lot of daytime trips as we are going to the dentists, so would you say it would be about a 15min drive?
It is about 15 mins and the same down to OluDeniz. The dolmus stops right outside the Grand Ucel to goes to Fethiye one way and Hisaronu and Olu Deniz the other way. The dolmuses in that area are very good and they do not allow overcrowding so it is a nice ride.
Driving between Ovacik and Fethiye is a doddle, very little traffic and easy to park. We always hire a car when we go, it gives you so much more freedom.
could anyone let me know how to pronunce ovacik
Hi,
we pronounce it ova as in the egg and chik ( ovachick )
but the turks can't pronounce " V " so they pronounce it owachik

Kev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.