Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Ovacik Turkey
5 Posts
Where do you start!

Not the best to advise as go for the first time on wednesday but done loads of research!

here is what I intend on doing: -

Kaya Koy - the abandoned village

Olu Deniz - Blue lagoon - Buzz bar on bean bags to watch the sunsets.

Paragliding off Babadag mountain

Turkish bath and shave

Day trip to Dalyan taking in the mudbaths and rock tombs

Fethiye market on a tuesday (pick a fish and have it cooked at a nearby resteraunt)

Day trip to Pamukkale (cotton castle)

Scuba diving and snorkelling!

There are loads of day trips 12 island boat trip, jeep safari, horse riding, quad biking but it depends how daring you both are! Im 38!

They say avoid a trip organizer called XXXXXXX but I didnt say that!

Hope this helps
have a look on my website under things to do and places to go
hope this helps :sun2
Just go and have a wonderful time. We have been going to the area for 10 years and absolutely love it. Ovacik is an extension of Hisaronu, use the local dolmus and have a great time!
Oludeniz is 10 minutes away, superb beach, shops and restaurants, boat trips paragliding etc.
Kayakoy (ghost village) is 10 minutes by hourly dolmus from main road, wander round the ruins then call in at Muzzy's place for a drink and lunch (and a swim), wonderful!
We spend most of our evenings in Hisaronu which is a walk or short dolmus ride away, there are shops, restaurants and bars galore, something for everyone and a pedestrianised main stret which you can just wander along and look at what is on offer. Prices are very good and I have never had a complaint about food or service. Shops open until at least midnight, Monday market.
Market in Fethiye Tuesday, look around the fantastic fruit and veg as well as clothes, shoes, towels, handbags. Walk down to the harbour and wander along looking at the fishing boats, pelicans, turtles if you are lucky, take the taxi boat over to Calis just for the wonderful views.
Day trips are available for many places in Hisaronu main street, just price them up and bargain, you can't go wrong, all very good value.
Get the picture? Look at http://www.hisaronu.co.uk/forum/index.php and you will find everything you need to know.
Thanks all for the advice.I have been hearing some bad things about the Hotel we are staying at and getting a bit worried. Iwill just concentrate on the positives.
Thanks again
Neil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.