Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think it's a very good idea,you will already have paid for the apartment so can't see a problem,hope somebody else can tell you for definite,failing that ring your travel agent and check.T.
donnacw,

There would be nothing stopping you from choosing not to use the accomodation as long as you let the place where you were staying know, and whether or not you want to use the transfers so they don't wait around looking for you. However since you've already paid for the use, would it not work out more expensive if you now decided to pay to stay in alternative accomodation? It's relatively cheap to eat out and about in Turkey and seems extreme to have two lots of accomodation booked.

Darren
If you are looking at very cheap AI hotels in Gumbet then you will probably find they are not up to the same standard as the apartments you ahve already booked. I also can't understand why you would want to pay for 2 lots of accomodation as the food in the AI hotel may not be too good and you could end up having to eat out anyway.

Can I just ask which apartment you have booked and which AI hotel you are looking at?
hi
im booked at silverland aparts in gumbet and they look very nice and have great reviews. i do want to stay there as i prefer small friendly accomadation, it was just the cost of drinks and snacks that was making me wonder about all inclusive. Ive looked a few ai hotels but havent found one that I really like they are coming in at about £200 for 2 adults and a child for May half term do you think I would spend more than this in a week on drinks and snacks we are not massive drinkers just a few beers for hubby an one or two cocktails for me. Eating out at night doesnt come into it as we would do this anyway.
thanks
Donna
donnacw,

I would be cautious about cheap all inclusive deals. There are lots around at the moment and they are often cheap for a reason. I would be very sceptical about booking somewhere that is only £200 per week for 2 adults and a child without reading customer opinion. Turkey is as cheap or expensive as you want to make it really. If you eat / drink in the main areas, you'll normally pay a premium. You can often get the same quality just around the corner, just off the main strip or one street back for lower cost, just without the same views. You'll spend more than £200 for the week, but then the quality and choice will be far superior. I must admit most of my trips to Turkey have been in all inclusive hotels, but that wasn't my choice as we meet friends from different parts of the country so it's a collective decision of 15 people. Personally, I'd rather stay self catering or b&b as the quality and variety of food in Turkey is generally excelent and at pretty reasonable cost. If you don't go mad on drinks, you'll not break the bank. The problem with all inclusive is you're almost bound to stay in the hotel to get your monies worth and if the food isn't to your liking, you'll end up paying to go out anyway.

Darren
I wouldn't think you would spend that much more than £200 if you are just having a few beers and a couple of cocktails. Silverland are nice apartments and you have more room in the apartment than a hotel room, plus you have a fridge there so you can always but some drinks to put in there plus snacks and things for lunch, which would keep your cost down. If you went AI you would have to spend every day and evening part from eating out in the hotel too to get your full value.

As I mentioned before the very cheap AI hotels in Gumbet aren't particularly good standard of accomodation and some of them are downright grotty, particularly if you are looking at any of the Litera ones! It really is a case of getting what you pay for and at £28 per day for room, food and drink you can imagine what it can be like sometimes.

I don't know how old your child is but another bonus of having an apartment is if your little one is tired and wants to go to bed early at least you have space in an apartment so you could sit in the lounge area or on the balcony with a beer rather than either keeping your child up late or having to stay in a hotel room.

I hope this helps.

If you want to know anything more about Gumbet just let me know as I used to live there.

Kedi
thanks very much for all replies im going to stick with silverland aparts more my kind of holiday
cheers
Donna
I'm sure you have made the right decision. I hope you have a great time :sun2

Kedi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.