General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I've never thought about wearing it upside down :rofl

I've given up using mine
Am back!

As usual I panicked for nothing it was a doddle. I got loads of stuff in the backpack and it still only weighed 8.75.

It's the first time I've travelled with hand luggage only and I was really impressed. We got to East Midland airport and went straight through security (no waiting in line to check in). It did feel a little strange as I felt I should go and tell someone I was there :rofl

On landing in Fuerteventura were were off the plane and out of the airport in minutes. Same obviously on the return. I'm actually fed up that I've already paid for hold luggage for our June/July holiday but that is for 2 weeks and there isn't a washing machine as it's hotel based, so I may have.......panicked ;)
For those questioning why some people take toiletries with us. The reason is simple.

We bring back souvineers, duty free, etc so to not go over the luggage allowance we underpack going out. We fill the underpack with toiletries which we throw away whilst away, this means we can get them cheap rather than paying for tourist mark-up and we have them immediately rather than having to find a shop that open after we arrive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.