General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We got married in the Caribbean and I out my dress and my husband's kilt in a case on their own, covered with fragile stickers.
When we got to our hotel I hung it up and the few small creases that were in it son dropped out.

HTH

Sandi
x
Hi when i got married in november i put my wedding dress in a small carrier case, i was told that they cant guarantee hanging them up for you anymore. Plenty of tissue paper,and then when you arrive hang it up in a steamy bathroom. I found this was fine. Good luck :)
Hi - I'm off to kenya to get married next week. The shop told me to bring the dress back after alterations and they would pack it into a special box that I could take on as hand lugagge. I thought this would be great but I emailed Kenyan Airways to check if I could take another small bag too as they have a 10kg hand baggage allowance! They said no - I could only take on the wedding dress box (even though this would leave me well under the alowance) and no other hand baggage. So I asked the dressmaker who altered my dress and she said the dress was better rolled in tissue paper and packed into a hand luggage bag anyway rather then being folded in a special box. So I am going to do this and then I will wrap in polythene and will still have room for some additional things in my hand luggage. Wouldn't risk it going into hold luggage -even if it's not lost or damaged, there is always a risk of it getting wet if it rains whilst they're on the trailers etc plus if it is in your hand luggage then you may have the opportunity to hang it up for your flight. Good luck!!!
When I got married in Cyprus in june this year, We flew with First Choice and although they give you an extra 5kg each baggage allowance they are very lenient if your case is overweight ( ours was 14kg) THey even stuck fragile stickers all over the wedding case.

gail..............
Thank you all for your contributions - I forgot I put this in here! Virgin have already said 'no' to taking it into the cabin.

Bride bought (it's not me - I'm to be the 'interfering' mother-in-law so might as well start now) something which may just squeeze into an overhead locker size case, so might be able to get it on board. Others seem to manage to take everything but the kitchen sink!

Plenty of bubble wrap/tissue and hang it in the shower room - good ideas. :lol:
we got married last month in turkey and i was allowed to have an extra case for my wedding dress and accessories but had to take it to over sized luggage although it wasnt over sized, i put it in a protective bag with hanger then folded that in the case, when i took it out other end i hung it up and it was fine didnt even need an iron, the bridesmaid dress was more increased so i hung this up in shower and put it on full blast and for a while and the steam helped get some of the creases out, good luck
Can anyone suugest the best place for a wedding dress to go on the plane? Would it be best to take it in a small case in the plane?
Hi Carole

I recently got married in Mexico. I had to pack my dress in my hold luggage as it would not fit in the new stricter hand luggage allowances. Unless your dress is very thin/small I imagine you will have to pack it as hold luggage.

Cazz
Hi
I put my dress in my hand luggage we flew with Airtours, they said it had to go in the hold but there was no way i was doing this, i didnt tell them i just put it in a hard case and took it with me, on the way home i chucked it in the hold with everything else it was covered in sand anyway :rofl
Ali :wink:
On our recent wedding the wedding attire (one dress and 2 suits) were carefully packed with tissue paper in one hard case. Big massive label on it stating "fragile" and "wedding attire" and a firm mention to the check-in clerk that if it were to go missing all hell would break loose ensured it arrived at the destination undamaged and without creases.

Mark :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.