Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I know this is an old thread but I may as well tag onto it.

I have just been watching Euronews which featured the EU "black list" of airlines who are banned from flying into the EU. PIA have found themselves on this list with the result they are now only allowed to fly Boeing 777s into the European Community . All other aircraft types (ie 747s and A310s) are banned.
Can confirm that the report on Euronews is correct. Quite how this will effect operations out of UK and Europe will be interesting to say the least.

Add this to FLYBE and BA fiasco...who says flying is fun?? :x

Nivsy
Why do PIA planes always come in very low? We live right under the flight-path for Manchester Airport and I can guarantee whenever I hear the sound of a large plane coming in very low, I can say "that'll be a PIA", and when I look up, it always is. I had a friend visiting and she lives in area too far away from any airports for her to be used to seeing planes, and the PIA planes really worried her.
Is It Because Of The Saftey Not Being Very Well On The Boeing 747s And Airbus 310s
If you read the BBC article above it tells you why the ban was imposed.
More information and opinion on Airliners.net.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.